2019 Women's World Cup - Do It Back to Back

ztejas

Miedema is a killer in front of goal so that gives the dutch a small shot, but they haven't created anything in the run of play in the KO stage. If they can defend like hell and counter maybe they can pull the upset, but yeah, the bracket is super unbalanced. 

61 goals for country before turning turn 23 is impressive.

5 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

61 goals for country before turning turn 23 is impressive.

I went down a Wikipedia rabbit hole on her career. She was the second leading scorer in the Eredivisie as a 15 year old and then two years later led the league in scoring with 39 goals as a 17 year old. 

Anything can happen in the final. Let's get past England before we cheer for Germany taking an exit. 

I do think we beat Sweden more decisively than the 2-0 indicated, but, again, anything can happen in the final. 

Can someone that has seen the Netherlands play comment on them? Don't think I've caught a game of theirs. 

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

An Olympics without Germany and France almost guarantees the US a medal.

As long as Sweden doesn't play like cowards in the quarterfinals, yes.

Here's a list of tournaments in which Germany eliminated Sweden. Today was so huge for Sweden:

Olympics: 2016, 2008, 2004
World Cup: 2015, 2003
Euro: 2013, 2001, 1997, 1995

• Like 1

Venturing a guess that it will be a USA-Sweden final. But of course, can't overlook the English ladies - I don't think our ladies will look ahead because they're too experienced to make such an error. I would be more wary of Sweden if Pia Sundhage was still managing their squad.

8 hours ago, ATLLonghorn said:

As long as Sweden doesn't play like cowards in the quarterfinals, yes.

Here's a list of tournaments in which Germany eliminated Sweden. Today was so huge for Sweden:

Olympics: 2016, 2008, 2004
World Cup: 2015, 2003
Euro: 2013, 2001, 1997, 1995

Men’s? Bitches’? Both?