2019 Women's World Cup - Do It Back to Back

ztejas

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

The concept of VAR is great. The implementation of VAR sucks. I don't get it. That PK was OBVIOUSLY outside of the box. This kind of shit is going to bring out the conspiracy people.  Hell, I may be one of them now.

This is my thing now. You can basically make shit up all the time now. France heading for a draw, misses a PK? VAR - keeper off line, rekick. It's pretty shady if you ask me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

This is my thing now. You can basically make shit up all the time now. France heading for a draw, misses a PK? VAR - keeper off line, rekick. It's pretty shady if you ask me.

Yeah. You could shrug shit off before--"well, it's a pen but it would be harsh" or "view may have been obstructed". Now it seems like pure bullshit.

If my math is right - they are through. That puts them to 3 pts (-2 GD, 3 goals scored). They are ahead of Argentina (2 pts) and Nigeria (3 pts, -2 GD, 2 goals scored).

That also eliminates Argentina.

The Thailand-Chile game determines the last 3rd place team:

Thailand win - Nigeria is through (Thailand isn't making up -17 GD)

Chile win - Will need to win by 3 goals to move ahead of Nigeria.

Draw - Nigeria though.

Easier:

Chile win by 3 goals - they advance

Otherwise Nigeria advances

Edited by Captain Ron

3 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Two Cameroon players needed medical attention at the end of the game but Fox was just like "who cares?" and went to US pregame coverage

They are losing to France or England in the Round of 16 regardless if whether those two live or die

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Spain - France - England doesn't seem more difficult than Canada - Germany - Netherlands

Agreed. I was gonna (jokingly) post that we should throw today, but Canada - Germany - Netherlands is a pretty rugged knockout stage. Gotta beat France at some point, might as well get it over with.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Paraguay, for the love of all the black market fake goods your country produces, just beat these fucks once. Please.

46 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The C double-UNT? 

CUUNT!

42 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Chile knocks out Nigeria if they beat Thailand by at least 3

#math

18 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Two Cameroon players needed medical attention at the end of the game but Fox was just like "who cares?" and went to US pregame coverage

D9hl270XYAQ6qrK.jpg:large

I like how the ref wasted about 45 seconds to tell two players "enough" (with spittle dribbling down her chin) and then getting into place before blowing the whistle to start again...

...and then allowed Cameroon's celebration & "player exhaustion" to run off 2 minutes or so and then she just blew the whistle that the game was over.

WTF?!?!

I could see in the NFL the refs blowing the game over with 45 seconds left after Team A scoring a go-ahead touchdown because there was just too much celebration to finish the game.

Wow!

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

our goils don't be knowin' francis scott

I still don't understand how the "Hand over your heart for the 'Pledge of Allegiance'" got transferred to the national anthem after 9/11.

It's like the country if filled with imbeciles who can't remember the things were done 2 weeks before.

Very "1984".

I still don't understand how the "Hand over your heart for the 'Pledge of Allegiance'" got transferred to the national anthem after 9/11.
It's like the country if filled with imbeciles who can't remember the things were done 2 weeks before.
Very "1984".
Huh? Hand over heart for the anthem existed long before 9/11.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
14 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Very "1984".

Huh? Hand over heart for the anthem existed long before 9/11.

Never saw it before then. 

You're "un-American if you don't do it" since then.

"Stand up" and "Hat off" were the only "requirements" in my USA pre-9/11.

Also, got heckled at a Yankee's game in ~2010 for not standing during the 7th Inning Stretch for "America The Beautiful"... which is not our national anthem.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

had a big crush on Ali in the last world cup... sucks she still hits for the other team

Same. 

She was my #1 and her fiancée was my #2.

But both have gotten harder looking, which happen when women age and stay in great shape. (And don't get insane facial fillers like Allie Long.)

I like that the play together for the Orlando PRIDE.