Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

UT3r7g3.jpg

My roommate made the halibut, so props to him. He also wanted to add the recipe for too.

Grilled halibut with a honey-garlic glaze. Halibut seared on both sides for about 90sec then 2 1/2 minutes both sides on medium heat. The glaze was made with 1\2 lemon squeezed, 2 tsp soy sauce, and pepper, 2 tbsp of honey, and melted butter, and 2 cloves of garlic minced. Based on 1lb of halibut so adjust accordingly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ERhine said:

First batch was just vegetables which were kept in separate cooler. Then multiple batches of crawfish throughout the day. Served them with couple scoops of crawfish and half scoop of potatoes/mushrooms/etc.

Does anyone else have some sort of weird adverse reaction to seeing an ERhine post without animated gifs of some chick getting railed?

Made my family a slight twist on "Chicago Italian Beef Combo" sandwiches in au jus for dinner last night.  Rump roast + Italian sausage + sweet & hot peppers + onions.  Au jus was kicked up beyond meat drippings with 3:1 of beef stock to red wine.   Threw in some oven roasted herbed parmesan russet potato wedges for a side.

True Chicago style combos use "hot giardiniera" pickled relish instead of straight onions but getting certain kids to eat cauliflower & carrots on a sandwich seemed like a non-starter.  Unfortunately they had scarfed most of the peppers and onions by the time I got around to making mine, so it looks a little barren.  Italian sausage is under the roast on the sandwich.  OK, so it isn't a great photo.  Tasted fantastic.  (Oh yeah, those are bolillo rolls, which hold up remarkably well to the jus.)  FYI, I pulled the roast at 135 F but it lost most of the pink after slicing and reheating in the skillet.  By that time it was "medium", lesson learned.  Pull it at rare or just slice and serve.

1p2xF93.jpg

vXxUvSP.jpg?1

phae0Ls.jpg

NRWo5iD.jpg

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

easter dinner

IMG_CL0915_zpsnqujcbvl.jpg

lamb braised in red wine, cumin and garlic with pomegranate, lemon and mint

IMG_0917_zpsdrts8wji.jpg

rhubarb and raspberry crisp - served with vanilla ice cream

I am almost exclusively a lurker but love to eat and drink.  So, I am thrilled to see Jack Straw made the jump.  Thank you for continuing to post!

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

easter dinner

IMG_CL0915_zpsnqujcbvl.jpg

lamb braised in red wine, cumin and garlic with pomegranate, lemon and mint

IMG_0917_zpsdrts8wji.jpg

rhubarb and raspberry crisp - served with vanilla ice cream

That looks really good, but most important is the dog is back.

4 hours ago, solamente73 said:

I haven't figured out how to comment on "likes" (don't think we can, yet) so I'll just say here that this thread picked up right where the other left off.  Nice work, y'all!

Easter lamb, roasted in BGE:

26320592607_36b22b4427_c.jpg

40297579465_72512c6e04_c.jpg

Little bit of green meat never hurt anyone.

Recipe is simple:

Sushi grade tuna from CM (about 12-16 ounces I think)
2 medium avocados
3/4 of medium cucumber
Ounce or so of CM raw white sesame seeds, roasted yourself
Ounce or two (to taste) low sodium soy sauce.

Mix, let sit in the fridge for an hour or longer if you have time. Definitely not as good if eaten immediately.

ecdc00a72c972821420f7ab646b33b17.jpg