Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

On 1/16/2023 at 12:01 PM, TonyTexas said:

It really is

504E94C1-CD8A-4E26-BCBA-68EB30E4D2AD.png

Sheets are too small for an authentic strudel.  You have to pull the dough to make a rectangle 3 feet by 4 feet and then roll it up like a jelly roll.  Maybe you could try to put a bunch of sheets together and hope you can roll them up.  Or do a bunch of individual strudels.  But the homemade dough is easy enough.  

Nothing fancy, but worth passing on. Grilled some Greek-style chicken skewers last night and they turned out perfect. Followed this recipe exactly and then added in a teaspoon each of parsley, mint, and rosemary as well. Only had 90 minutes to marinate, but you could leave them in for several hours and they'd be even better.

https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/greek-chicken-kabobs/

Gonna make another batch on Sunday to save for lunches during the week.

9 hours ago, ocugolf said:

Recipe please 

I used more chicken (approximately 2 lbs) and more rice 1.5 cups.  So I upped the water to around 2.75 cups, added just a bit more of each spice, 1/2 onion, 1/2 green pepper, and more garlic just because. 

https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/puerto-rican-chicken-and-rice-arroz-con-pollo/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

That looks great! Amazing the temp came out perfect. It’s tough and is why it’s used on Hells Kitchen as they fuck it up most times. I was it worth the effort? What sauce did you make.

The sous vide solved the temp problem.  The sauce and the lattice was what I messed up.  I work nights so by the time it was sauce and lattice time.  I had been up 17 hours and was probably about 12 beers deep.  Was it worth the effort?  Next time I'm in Vegas I'm ordering beef Wellington because if it tastes that good from me then someone who knows how to make it will be divine

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

The sous vide solved the temp problem.  The sauce and the lattice was what I messed up.  I work nights so by the time it was sauce and lattice time.  I had been up 17 hours and was probably about 12 beers deep.  Was it worth the effort?  Next time I'm in Vegas I'm ordering beef Wellington because if it tastes that good from me then someone who knows how to make it will be divine

Did you do 122deg as in the video?  I need to finish watching it tok see the hole process, but just skimmed it real quick to see what the target temp was. 

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Did you do 122deg as in the video?  I need to finish watching it tok see the hole process, but just skimmed it real quick to see what the target temp was. 

Yep.  Went 123 for 2 hours and put it in the fridge overnight until I was ready to cook it.   Also fucked around with a cheesecake too

PXL_20230122_024004254.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

On 1/19/2023 at 9:30 PM, dcbc said:

First time making Arroz con Pollo 

5cf9704ec8ea20024b72e12fa1734c3c.jpg

On 1/20/2023 at 7:02 PM, dcbc said:

I used more chicken (approximately 2 lbs) and more rice 1.5 cups.  So I upped the water to around 2.75 cups, added just a bit more of each spice, 1/2 onion, 1/2 green pepper, and more garlic just because. 

https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/puerto-rican-chicken-and-rice-arroz-con-pollo/

Made this tonight, that shit was goddamn good. Gracias, amigo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Made this tonight, that shit was goddamn good. Gracias, amigo. 

Glad you enjoyed it.  Recipe was sent to me courtesy of an old friend who now lives in Chicago.  He'll be glad to know it's making its way around.

• Like 1

We have been doing the occasional lamb burgers that have been fantastic. Wife put together her own sauce, mayo, sour cream, lemon, garlic, fresh dill, and we stir a healthy amount of feta into that sauce. Using the ground lamb and arugula (MINUS the stems) as the lettuce.  Damn good.  But I saw that COSTCO has 2.5 lbs of ground Bison for $20, and I thought why not make a buffalo wing inspired burger.  I will get the Buffalo Bill at Hopdoddy occasionally, so it's not my invention or anything, but I did not realize how easy wing sauce is.  Just melt some butter, dump in a bunch of crystal hot sauce and add garlic power to taste as you whisk it.  Fucking easy!

Anyhow here is my Bison, blue cheese, buffalo sauce burger, on a brioche bun.1001838990_BuffaloBurgerjan23.jpeg.49bc4afde790e089f62d13c6a7e58393.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2