Real Madrid 2019/20 “I am very happy to be back” Zizou’s Return!

Speedtrucker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Valverde has to be my favorite player this season. He is doing Pogba type of things but with a good attitude. 

courtois also broke Navas record for time without conceding a goal.

Are things turning around? 

Edited by JNip

I’m afraid to give them the potential “they’ve turned the corner” but it’s looked better this week.

Defense has looked better, midfield has looked better, Hazard isn’t scoring but he is so damn elusive. He’s drawn 2 clear PKs with how fast he is with the ball.

And yeah Courtois has even looked like the thorn he was at Atleti.

• 3 months later...

Bale wasn’t fit for the weekend and I figured Zizou would have him as a sub, depending on the games flow giving him 20minutes or so.

Especially with Isco tending to fade in the 2nd half of games. This way you have Vasquez to sub for Isco if the game needs width rather than Isco’s inside game and bale for Vini if we need speed late.

Kroos and Modric have also looked sluggish in the 2nd half of some recent games, I’d expect Kroos to sub for modric mid 2nd.

2 weeks ago we looked primed to win a double, 3 shaky games later and I’m not sure what we are.

Helps that Mendy is back in the starting lineup.

I remember before the season started, thinking that winning La Liga should be the #1 priority. Although it hurts to lose in CL, it seemed a bit unrealistic to win both this year. Team just doesn’t have that game changer, and if we do, he’s been injured for over half the season.