impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

She seemed really smart.

This.  Maybe I am biased towards the Dems at this point but I swear they come across as intelligent whether you agree or disagree with their views.  The Republicans come across as morons.  Like I wouldn't hire them for the lowest level position at my company dumb.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

that's because he knows what he is.

it's like these guys have forgotten that history can be an unkind bitch. this is all on the record, and they know it. imagine, if you will, what they do and say behind closed doors or when nobody is watching.

jesus.

These people don't give a shit how "history" will remember them. They'll just write an alternate history.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

This.  Maybe I am biased towards the Dems at this point but I swear they come across as intelligent whether you agree or disagree with their views.  The Republicans come across as morons.  Like I wouldn't hire them for the lowest level position at my company dumb.

Dumb is the new black (trend, not skin). There's no shame in being dumb and venal anymore.

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

the dudes come across as smarmy, country club douchebags. look at this fucking guy:

Guy_Reschenthaler,_official_portrait,_11

7 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

1234.  People like Nunes and Gym Jordan and the rest, no way in hell would I hire them. 

At their worst, they act like they are covering up something bad.

At their best, they act like fucking children who won't take things seriously when they should be.

I would hire somebody like Demings, because I know shit would get done.

Nunes, Jordan, Cline, and the rest of the Rs?  Things might kinda get done, as long as it personally benefits them or their buddies, but it'll be on their schedules, and if it screws with their buddies, they'll try and stall for as long as possible.

1 minute ago, Cosimo de' Medici said:

I love this circle jerk thread of loudmouth fucktards who enjoy spending the middle of a workday bitching and moaning. Know the silent majority is laughing at you. Silent only because we are busy contributing to the economy and society.

Statistically, the Republican party is an extremely over-represented minority.

3 minutes ago, Cosimo de' Medici said:

I love this circle jerk thread of loudmouth fucktards who enjoy spending the middle of a workday bitching and moaning. Know the silent majority is laughing at you. Silent only because we are busy contributing to the economy and society.

I don't know if it's a majority, but I'm damned glad modern conservatives laugh at me.  It reaffirms that I'm on the right side of history.

4 minutes ago, Cosimo de' Medici said:

This is Trump level "I never watch CNN" followed by a rant aimed at CNN shit. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cosimo de' Medici said:

are you a non college white

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

i don't understand why the democrats do not simply ask turley about the stonewalling of evidence and witnesses from the white house.

is that not obstruction, sir?

(i guess they may be worried that he'll invoke some arcane executive privilege bullshit)

I tend to agree.  It's more effective if you get Turley to affirm the stuff that is most basic.  But I will admit that perhaps they know more than I whether Turley can be dangerous. 

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

i don't understand why the democrats do not simply ask turley about the stonewalling of evidence and witnesses from the white house.

(i guess they may be worried that he'll invoke some arcane executive privilege bullshit)

So what.  They can just ask one of the others to respond....

thumb_um-everything-that-guy-just-said-i

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

The only possible solution I can see is that they are waiting until the Republicans are done, then crossing him when there is no chance for rebuttal until closing argument. 

43 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

"what Trump is doing"

The deliberate vagueness, as if everyone knows and agrees with whatever assertion is being made, is such a tired Trump/GOP crutch it should be a drinking game.

Trumps just being white and that’s that they love.