Cell Phone Flop Out

HOOK'EMHOOAH

Yeah, it was one of the greatest shaggy moments of all time.  Pretty sure some legit news places even picked it up.  I remember hearing about it (I think outside of shaggy) and someone jokingly asking which one of us assholes did it.  Turns out it was one of us assholes.  Can't remember which one, though.

Oh yes that whole saga was peak shaggy also. Man so many good times... feel cry

It was his girlfriend I think and they went joyriding with a guy they met in a bar.  A creepy and tragic story, and a bizarre shag to real-world connection second only to the "txtow is the rock thrower; rock thrower is txtow" connection.  
I became friends with him on Facebook after I met him at 2009 MNC...i just happened to be in Dallas at the time for the FCS national championship and the lead story on the Dallas news was of a deadly crash involving someone you just happened to meet less than 2 years prior was so sad and completely unreal.

• 5 years later...

Holy Fuckballs! I don't know why this story popped into my head tonight.  So, l looked it up on here ... and bingo.

Then saw the author was J.D. Horne.

A University of Houston Law Center grad ... 1997. AND.. he was editor in chief of the Houston Journal of International Law.

Well shit.

I was Editor in Chief of the Houston Journal of International Law in 1984! I was going through some really old bidness cards I have kept around for decades ... and THIS was found!

So, this story hits close to home!

Rest well J.D. Horne you Mad Man! There are too few of you in the world today.

HJIL.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, EastHorn said:

RIP.  I read that story the night before Texas-OU every year.  It's like the night before christmas for me.  

Gather around children.  ‘Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house.  Yadayadayada, lost the games, got drunk, and the waitress I paid for sex was ugly as fuck.  

RIP, Mr. Dunn 

33 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Gather around children.  ‘Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house.  Yadayadayada, lost the games, got drunk, and the waitress I paid for sex was ugly as fuck.  

RIP, Mr. Dunn 

HOLY CRAP!  I'M DEAD NOW!!!! ????? Maybe only from the waist down!

image.png.d04de65ad3fc07496e554b5a7616284c.png

Posted (edited)

On either OG shaggy or still HornFans after that dude died there was a link to a post on some site where people were telling JD Horne stories. Someone connected to him from law school (his advisor maybe?) told a story about being at a happy hour and JD saw some chick and was like “Hey, I think I know her”. Dug into his wallet and was like “Yeah, she gave me her business card one night. I’m gonna go over and move in”.

He walks over to the chick, talks for a bit, and shows her the card; next thing, she yells something at him and storms off.  He comes back to the table and they’re like “JD, what happened?”

He laughs and shows them the card, on the back of which he’d written (apparently to jog his memory the next day) “Dumb as shit - big tits”…

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2