Copa America 2019

ATLLonghorn

3 minutes ago, !!!HOTDOGS!!! said:

Telemundo's feed froze up and missed a scoring chance for Peru. At least that's what happened to me.

Thx for explanation.... 

VAR in process...Brazil paying more than Peru 😄 

Goooooooooooal for Brazil.... 3-1

Edited by LTtxfan
Refs Suck

So, narrative time: Are we just seeing Argentina and Chile trending downward, or are Brazil this much better without Neymar?
I was going to ask swayze about that before jesus red card....brazil's first win since 2007

Who would you sit for neymar if he was healthy?

Neymar is very talented and has had injuries at inopportune times...but he his 3rd all-time scorer for brazil

Might be a messi type thing where he doesnt play well with others or its just injuries at wrong time that has cost him trophies

I think this is a common problem in Brazil and a few other countries that consistently produce top notch stars.  The team starts to revolve around them, often times in a negative way.  I do think Brazil can play well with Neymar, but honestly, they don't need him.  They played much more as a unit without him and his bullshit on and off the field drama.  Brazilians are tired of his shit.  When he is on, he is electric (whether scoring or assisting), but it hasn't worked out with him as much as without him.  I obviously like to see them win the World Cup, but really would also like to see them make a run of back to back to back Copa America championships.  They have more than a few to go to catch up with Argentina and Uruguay.

• Like 2

I think this is a common problem in Brazil and a few other countries that consistently produce top notch stars.  The team starts to revolve around them, often times in a negative way.  I do think Brazil can play well with Neymar, but honestly, they don't need him.  They played much more as a unit without him and his bullshit on and off the field drama.  Brazilians are tired of his shit.  When he is on, he is electric (whether scoring or assisting), but it hasn't worked out with him as much as without him.  I obviously like to see them win the World Cup, but really would also like to see them make a run of back to back to back Copa America championships.  They have more than a few to go to catch up with Argentina and Uruguay.
We will find out in copa next year if he is healthy....if he matures and plays the way he can/should with his talent then yeah brasil will be tough in 2022 if firmino, coutinho, jesus and others are still in form

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

First off, nice win Brazil. Peru had heart but Brazil had more. Good game.

Definitely see this issue with arg but maybe cause I don’t pay that much attention to euro teams? Seems like teams with one superstar better than all the others gets hamstrung against complete teams (even though they’re supporting cast is also all all stars). Can’t figure out why, just some kind of fucked up karma? Not willing to play team ball? Bad supporting cast vis a vis their club counterparts? Dunno. Hope Brazil does well in next WC. I’m partial to new world teams doing well but that’s just me.

57 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Been enjoying a few libations since WWC at 10am.  Looks like USA vs Mexico is at 8pm cst on FS1 tonight?

Edit:  Good time for a 2hr nap....

giphy.gif

True that. From the ladies tweeting out their celebration videos to a pretty good Peru Brazil final, gonna have to drink some water and measure my intake so I can make it to the gym tomorrow at 5am

Edited by achooloco

1 hour ago, achooloco said:

True that. From the ladies tweeting out their celebration videos to a pretty good Peru Brazil final, gonna have to drink some water and measure my intake so I can make it to the gym tomorrow at 5am

Power Up.... Let's Go Men's USA.....

Watch on FS1..... 😎

Edited by LTtxfan