2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/14/2019 at 10:28 PM, Goo Punch said:

It'll be interesting to check back in a year and see how this holds up. A whole lot is going to change between now and then, but this is how ESPN sees it today:

didn't need to wait a year to see some real changes:

That’s a lot of dunking. I’m sure he’ll develop more to his game like Blake did.

The best thing I actually saw was that spinning move inside and pass to to the open guy in the corner. That’s how he’s really going to help them this year. Draw everyone inside and have open guys.

Dunk are awesome, and he looks like a beast...but you gotta do more than that. He looks like he can.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

That’s a lot of dunking. I’m sure he’ll develop more to his game like Blake did.

The best thing I actually saw was that spinning move inside and pass to to the open guy in the corner. That’s how he’s really going to help them this year. Draw everyone inside and have open guys.

Dunk are awesome, and he looks like a beast...but you gotta do more than that. He looks like he can.

Yeah that was a very nice play.   He had another one that was similar where he made a nice move and found Ingram in the other corner.  He looked good last night.

It's going to take awhile before they are really good or what's more elite, especially playing in the West. They have some nice young talent, and a really good floor leader (coming off his first ever season without injuring himself), but just making the playoffs should be considered good for them going forward. 

4 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

It's going to take awhile before they are really good or what's more elite, especially playing in the West. They have some nice young talent, and a really good floor leader (coming off his first ever season without injuring himself), but just making the playoffs should be considered good for them going forward. 

I could see them winning the division in Year 3-4. Harden and Westbrook will be 33-34 by then. Agreed, the West, and the Southwest Division is definitely stacked though. 

I could see the Pelicans being like the 2018-2019 Nets. Good young team that makes the playoffs. Hayes, Zion, Alexander-Walker, and Lonzo Ball on rookie deals for a few more years. JJ Reddick was a good veteran pick up on a short term deal. Maybe Brandon Ingram is good?

My point is the Pelians have a talented, cheap roster right now that should be able to attract a superstar or two in 2021. Not bad for a team in the smallest market in the NBA. 

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I could see the Pelicans being like the 2018-2019 Nets. Good young team that makes the playoffs. Hayes, Zion, Alexander-Walker, and Lonzo Ball on rookie deals for a few more years. JJ Reddick was a good veteran pick up on a short term deal. Maybe Brandon Ingram is good?

My point is the Pelians have a talented, cheap roster right now that should be able to attract a superstar or two in 2021. Not bad for a team in the smallest market in the NBA. 

NOP with Zion and Texas Hayes will probably lead the NBA in dunks. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/76ers-tobias-harris-says-sleep-deprivation-will-be-an-nba-issue-akin-to-nfl-concussions-165645252.html

this is awesome. Just when you couldn't laugh at these entitled players enough already. Maybe if the players have toddlers or babies I can see this, but surely they can afford a late night nanny so the player can get the right amount of shut eye. If its late night at the clubs, then fuck them.

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/76ers-tobias-harris-says-sleep-deprivation-will-be-an-nba-issue-akin-to-nfl-concussions-165645252.html

this is awesome, just when you couldn't laugh at these entitled players enough already.

Bet they're not as sleep-deprived as the Uighurs in the Chinese concentration camps.

Seriously, it's been an embarrassing couple weeks for the NBA.  This sleep deprivation article is just the icing on a cake.  Yeah, bitch about not getting enough sleep when you're making eight figures, playing ball, and then hitting the clubs after the game while the regular working and middle class often work two jobs just to get by.

• Like 1

This is what the press is for. Find the people with the most to lose and ask them their thoughts. I bet if you polled all of the owners even fertitta would say they want morey gone (not because of sour grapes on winning either). The only difference is that morey is the only reason fertitta will ever win and he knows it so he keeps him hoping things blow over.  

2 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Dribble. Shoot. Rebound. Shut the fuck up. Get paid. It’s really simple.

1571108193089-sp.gif

1571105147618-sp.png

LeBron "I don't think a lot of people was educated" James
LeBron "Went West like his mother in joining the Lakers" James
LeBron "Once got defeated by an air conditioner" James
LeBron "Once showed his tiny penis to the entire world on national television" James
LeBron "5/10 wife" James
LeBron "3-6" James
LeBron "Le lose in the Finals man" James
LeBron "Le traveling, charging, flopping and PEDs man" James
LeBron "Not as good as Michael Jordan" James
LeBron "Baldspot in the shape of a cock and balls" James
LeBron "Get dunked on by a high school kid then confiscate the tape" James
LeBron "1.8 pts in the 4th quarter of the Finals" James
LeBron "Lied about elbow despite it clearly being fine and was booed by home crowd, then hosted a nationally televised show to leave his team" James
LeBron "2 for 18 in a playoff game" James
LeBron "Stuffed by 5'9" Nate Robinson" James
Lebron "career 47.8% winrate and -2 pts differential vs TOP 8 teams" James
Lebron "GOAT who was on best team in NBA ONCE, despite changing team multiple times"
Lebron "After my only legit miraculous championship was gifted to me by Ray Allen and a Greg Buttovich blunder, same Spurs team BTFO me into the fucking sun the next year and Kawhi personally dickslapped me worse than Jason Terry" James
LeBron "Locked down by 6'0" JJ Barea for two games in the Finals" James
LeBron "Didn't go to college because he always chokes when it comes to finals" James
LeBron "The Lakers became WORSE after I joined them" James

Yep, just keep his mouth shut.  He shouldn't keep his mouth shut about social issues in general, but if you're going to basically toe the line with really support of china, you shouldn't really be saying anything about stuff here either.

Shut up and Dribble really should be a mandate for the NBA at this point. Just drama otherwise.

• Like 1

You mean a near billionaire athlete really doesn't care much about social justice around the world and only cares about the money? No way!!

Why people think these athletes/entertainers that live in their own bubbles outside of all the injustice going on really give a damn and actually mean what they type when incidents happen is beyond me. They have a following so they know they need to give off the illusion they actually care but they don't. If it fucks with their money, they will shut that shit down quick. The 'shut up and dribble', as fucking stupid of a comment that was, actually came to fruition in front of our eyes. Amazing.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, maninblack said:

Amazing how one seemingly innocuous tweet exposed  NBA executives, owners and players as nutless hypocritical cowards. 

I just love how the owners and Morey and Fertita in particular are just sitting back and letting LBJ be the whipping boy for this issue.    Yeah he does some business in China but shit the whole league does.   None of the owners seem to be getting called out like one individual player is.    I'm sure they are pleased about that in this time of player empowerment.

'tis officially opening day!

tonight's opener lost a lot of luster with the news that zion won't play, but the battle of LA nightcap should be a good one.

predictions:

west:

1. houston
  2. la clippers
  3. utah
  4. la lakers
  5. denver
  6. portland
  7. golden state
  8. sacramento

east:

1. philly