orocopa19

Hagbard Celine

10 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Fuck that headline

Yeah that's some horseshit journalism at it's finest. We led for the last 60 minutes. I wouldn't call that getting bailed out or struggling to win. More like not playing to standard or just edging by them. 

Makes it sound like we got our ass kicked but stole it in the last 10 minutes. 

It wasn't a penalty and the contact was minimal. That guy rolled around 5 times and was twitching like he was convulsing. It was dumb, and you shouldn't defend that overacting.

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Two fouls called against Mexico through 75 minutes. Two.

Lulz.

To be fair Mexico can't foul Haiti if Haiti never has the ball.

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

Two fouls called against Mexico through 75 minutes. Two.

Lulz.

well the problem is they are controlling the ball 90% of the time.  while Haiti plays NCAA womens soccer kickball.  I'm no fan of Mexico but Haiti is just horrible at any ball control.  Yes I do know they aren't really playing to control the ball but when they try they look extremely poor doing it.

2 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

He got ball then contact, that isn't a fucking penalty.

That’s why I said that it was a fucking great no call by the ref. Why are you arguing? I’m on your side of that call. 

Just now, Captain Ron said:

But Haiti has no touch. They get the ball in the box and then ... nothing. They can't put together any decent touches to truly threaten against Mexico's back line.

its going to have to be a clean breakaway or a set piece/corner for Haiti to score IMO.

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

To be fair Mexico can't foul Haiti if Haiti never has the ball.

Conversely, it's difficult to keep possession when the other team can foul with impunity.

This half, Mexico has seen all of the ball. But the previous half was a little more balanced, and Mexican defenders were grabbing and tugging whenever a Haitian had the ball across midfield and getting away with it.

Just can't recall a competitive international in which one side was only cited for two fouls through 82 minutes. Moreno finally gets a third whistle, but he literally had to tackle the guy after several seconds of grabbing.

But Haiti has no touch. They get the ball in the box and then ... nothing. They can't put together any decent touches to truly threaten against Mexico's back line.

I can’t imagine Haiti would feel comfortable in a shootout either. Could be wrong but not seeing it.

3 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Conversely, it's difficult to keep possession when the other team can foul with impunity.

This half, Mexico has seen all of the ball. But the previous half was a little more balanced, and Mexican defenders were grabbing and tugging whenever a Haitian had the ball across midfield and getting away with it.

Just can't recall a competitive international in which one side was only cited for two fouls through 82 minutes. Moreno finally gets a third whistle, but he literally had to tackle the guy after several seconds of grabbing.

South Korea vs Italy in the 2002 World Cup knockout stages.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shnsajax said:

I can’t imagine Haiti would feel comfortable in a shootout either. Could be wrong but not seeing it.

the keeper would have to win it for them.  this is pretty much inevitable.  Mexico wins in PK's.  haiti could get really gassed in the extra time.