Amazing Soccer Goals, Saves and Blunders

Captain Ron

An amazing SCORE by "Hulk", from Brazil.

Brazilian Pro Soccer Player Expecting Baby with Wife, Who Is the Niece of His Ex-Wife

15c469ac6437d543cc5f9f3cd4d7e842

Givanildo V. De Sousa, the Brazilian pro soccer player also known as "Hulk," is expecting a baby with his wife, who is the niece of his ex-wife.

On Instagram Saturday, the 35-year-old athlete announced that he is expecting his fourth child, revealing that his wife Camila is pregnant by sharing happy photos of the couple holding up ultrasound images.

Roughly translated to English, the caption reads, "Today with a heart full of gratitude to GOD, I come to share with you that for the fourth time I am being blessed with another child. My heart overflows with so much happiness and I can only say thank you GOD."

"We are already looking forward to receiving you, child, we love you unconditionally. Come full of health my baby," De Sousa added.

Camila is the niece of the soccer player's ex-wife Iran Angelo, with whom he shares three children, sons Ian, 13, and Tiago, 11, plus 8-year-old daughter Alice.

177521497_ScreenShot2021-09-21at6_23_02PM.thumb.png.120258d2e2fe46f1e9a9f40e31dfdc7e.png

988417733_ScreenShot2021-09-21at6_23_16PM.thumb.png.929007cd1ff4b52874258c08619e460f.png

11047527_ScreenShot2021-09-21at6_23_25PM.thumb.png.a6c44f74ec670e1e0b925aef98062eaa.png

952981862_ScreenShot2021-09-21at6_23_34PM.thumb.png.df9dc710d91fd7c8586b9f844ab50b21.png

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/brazilian-pro-soccer-player-expecting-181251355.html

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

so someone explain the call to allow the the mbappe goal in the nations league final.  you guys know i am a bleus supporter but i am at a bit of a loss as to the rationale on allowing that goal.  what did the spanish player do that effectively "reset" the offsides position?

2 hours ago, sidis said:

so someone explain the call to allow the the mbappe goal in the nations league final.  you guys know i am a bleus supporter but i am at a bit of a loss as to the rationale on allowing that goal.  what did the spanish player do that effectively "reset" the offsides position?

The claim is that in playing the ball (he got a toe on it), Garcia "nullified" the offsides.

It's pretty ridiculous though because he was offside on the initial pass, I don't see how that changes as the play continues. It's a fundamental change of how that has been called for as long as I have been watching the sport. I know that isn't long, but still.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, sidis said:

It was poor enforcement of a rule that generally makes sense.  Imagine if offensive player A crosses a ball into the box to his team.  Offensive player B is one of the offensive players in the box and in an offside position.  Defender A intercepts the cross and tries to head to head the ball back to his keeper.  Offensive player B intercepts the header and scores.  Since Defender A took possession and made a play on the ball, Offensive player B isn't called offside.  The idea is that an offensive player shouldn't be penalized when a defender possesses the ball and makes a mistake.  The intention isn't for an offensive player have a get out of offside free card simply because a defender got a toe on the ball while reaching for it.  Especially when he probably doesn't reach for the ball if Mbappe isn't in an offside position.    

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...