Texas women's basketball '18-19

texasstrong12

Boothe "transferring" was obvious after she was suspended for about the 4th time in 1 year. 

I'm not sure it was really a transfer either. When Boothe was suspended for the tournament and not even allowed on the bench, it was pretty much a message of "go find a new home".

Boothe is talented as hell but there's only so much bullshit you can put up with. Either way, time to go get a grad transfer with the available scholarship. 

Edited by texasstrong12

20 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Boothe "transferring" was obvious after she was suspended for about the 4th time in 1 year. 

I'm not sure it was really a transfer either. When Boothe was suspended for the tournament and not even allowed on the bench, it was pretty much a message of "go find a new home".

Boothe is talented as hell but there's only so much bullshit you can put up with. Either way, time to go get a grad transfer with the available scholarship. 

Her time at UT may have gone a lot better if Travis was still on staff.  But oh well.  

Like you said she is talented but didn't appear to want to change her game to fit what was required to be at UT.  

Sucks that Brooke wasn't drafted but it brings us back to the discussion we had on shaggy about her size. Really good player but really undersized. That tended to be an issue against the elite teams. 

Either way, I think Brooke's shooting ability will give her an opportunity in the WNBA. 

• 2 weeks later...

Matter of fact, I think Tiffany Jackson is already involved in recruiting. 

Endyia Rogers was offered on the 26th. What's the connection to Tiffany Jackson? Tiffany Jackson's dad is the founder of Rogers AAU team DFW Elite. Also, Tiffany Jackson liked several of the tweets involving the Rogers offer. 

I'm guessing Jackson is already involved on some level in recruiting. Once Jackson is officially hired, I'm betting Rogers commits soon after. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

I bet Rogers commits soon. Pretty certain that was a Tiffany Jackson offer. 

Texasstrong 12, will Rogers's height not be a factor like Brooke's was?   I see her height is anywhere from 5'3" to 5'6".   Personally I would like taller guards because as you said in an above post, shorter guards like Brooke tend to be less effective against elite teams like Baylor, UConn, ND etc.   What say you?

1 hour ago, orangeut said:

Texasstrong 12, will Rogers's height not be a factor like Brooke's was?   I see her height is anywhere from 5'3" to 5'6".   Personally I would like taller guards because as you said in an above post, shorter guards like Brooke tend to be less effective against elite teams like Baylor, UConn, ND etc.   What say you?

I like bigger guards but Rogers is a good bit bigger than Brooke. Rogers will have 3 or 4 inches on Brooke by the time she's in college. 

Also, Rogers is an elite athlete. Much better athlete than Brooke. 

Brooke was a high IQ player that could shoot. Nothing wrong with that but a different player than Rogers. 

• 4 weeks later...

https://texassports.com/news/2018/5/30/womens-basketball-announces-2018-19-non-conference-schedule.aspx

Very manageable non-conference schedule. 3 games in the Gulf Coast Showcase to be determined at a later date so we might get some competition there. 

Miss State should take a huge step back next year. They lost 4 starters. 

Edited by texasstrong12

TBH that is ass as it is posted. If there's another marquee program in the Gulf Coast Showcase, it'll be better (3 marquee non-conf matchups instead of 2). Last year's GCS featured ND, South Carolina, Rutgers, South Florida, amongst others. They may need 2 headliners - Texas and TBD.

We are already playing MSU and Tenn, so is the SEC-Big 12 challenge off? IF we had to play a 3rd SEC team, can they finally give us A&M? Hasn't happened in a while.

Why aren't we playing Stanford anymore? I'd like to see us balance out our schedule better. That @ UTRGV game is trash. We should have been trying for a series with Ohio State or Michigan or Minnesota or someone.

I'm sure Karen and Tina had an unspoken "don't touch my bench assistants" thing when Tina left, but didn't stop her from taking Jama Sharp (Video Coordinator) and Fran Harris (Coordinator of Community Engagement).

There was a picture posted from the advanced camp, she looks like she's dropped some of that bad weight.

Losing 3 players from the PF spot, plus 1 to graduation, is not good (the twins, Boothe, Hosey). I wonder if Danni Williams wants to call Anriel Howard and play another year together.

https://twitter.com/Sho31/status/1005882379326644224

Edited by Js1

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2018 at 3:53 PM, Js1 said:

There was a picture posted from the advanced camp, she looks like she's dropped some of that bad weight.

Losing 3 players from the PF spot, plus 1 to graduation, is not good (the twins, Boothe, Hosey). I wonder if Danni Williams wants to call Anriel Howard and play another year together.

https://twitter.com/Sho31/status/1005882379326644224

There was a log jam at the PF position anyway. So losing 3 players that weren’t important contributors at that position is actually a good thing IMO.

Edited by Trent Whaley