The Supremes

tx 3 putt

3 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Thomas is getting worse by the day.   First, the wife stuff comes out, then he hires halfwits as clerks which puts them in line to be federal judge like that imbecile in Florida the other day.  She's a half wit clerk of a half wit SCOTUS justice, so a quarter wit I guess.

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

There's also the incredibly racist girl who is now a federal clerk on the Second Circuit that literally moved in with Clarence and Ginni after she got fired for tweeting "I hate Black people." The depths of that man's self loathing are bottomless.

Laura Ingraham also clerked for Clarence Thomas.

So, just reminded how horrible Clarence Thomas is. Watching the Abercrombie and Fitch doc on Netflix.  In 2015, the Supreme Court found against A&F in an employment discrimination case.  The vote was 8-1.  The lone dissent?  Clarence Thomas.  Even Scalia was in the majority.  He needs to resign or be impeached.  He is fucking unfit and has been for a long, long time.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So, just reminded how horrible Clarence Thomas is. Watching the Abercrombie and Fitch doc on Netflix.  In 2015, the Supreme Court found against A&F in an employment discrimination case.  The vote was 8-1.  The lone dissent?  Clarence Thomas.  Even Scalia was in the majority.  He needs to resign or be impeached.  He is fucking unfit and has been for a long, long time.

Uncle Ruckus should've never been nominated.  The court as a whole has been unfit for a long,  long time. 

Hell,  I even hate RBG for being a piece of shit and not retiring during Obama's first term. 

Fuck the Supreme Court.  What an awful,  shit-filled institution. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 hours ago, SKJ said:

Hell,  I even hate RBG for being a piece of shit and not retiring during Obama's first term. 

Fuck that opinion. She took a gamble and just came up a few months short. I think that’s a shitty take. I’m sure if I were given a lifetime position that I wouldn’t pay much attention to armchair quarterbacks telling me what I should do. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Fuck that opinion. She took a gamble and just came up a few months short. I think that’s a shitty take. I’m sure if I were given a lifetime position that I wouldn’t pay much attention to armchair quarterbacks telling me what I should do. 

Plus it wasn't like Trump was a shoo in for winning in 2016.  She would have had to resign in the beginning of Obama's 2nd term to have a chance to be replaced by his choice because of McConnell.  Most likely she put her money on Hillary winning.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Plus it wasn't like Trump was a shoo in for winning in 2016.  She would have had to resign in the beginning of Obama's 2nd term to have a chance to be replaced by his choice because of McConnell.  Most likely she put her money on Hillary winning.  

Yep, but just think about it.  You retire from the Supreme Court and then cool your jets at as a prof at Stanford/Harvard/Yale/Princeton/(Texas)?

I appreciate your sentiment but the 80 fucking year old lady fucked up.  I'm hoping future octogenarians (and septuagenarians) gamble a bit more thoughtfully.

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It was an enormously selfish gamble, especially for a seat in the minority. The direction the senate would go was already clear and she’d already dealt with cancer twice by 2013/2014. She absofuckinglutely should have retired.

This.  It's true.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It was an enormously selfish gamble, especially for a seat in the minority. The direction the senate would go was already clear and she’d already dealt with cancer twice by 2013/2014. She absofuckinglutely should have retired.

21 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Yep, but just think about it.  You retire from the Supreme Court and then cool your jets at as a prof at Stanford/Harvard/Yale/Princeton/(Texas)?

I appreciate your sentiment but the 80 fucking year old lady fucked up.  I'm hoping future octogenarians (and septuagenarians) gamble a bit more thoughtfully.

15 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

This.  It's true.

You are all right.  I still think her biggest mistake was underestimating Trump's chances.  Which were pretty shitty up until Comey pulled out the emails again at the last moment.  

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

The Supreme Court has always been nothing But ideologues and partisan hacks. If Thomas has enough time, he’s going to tear down the entire us legal system 

Fixed

10 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You dint gamble your whole legacy,  and the future of the whole United States on anything... especially having pancreatic fucking cancer

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

What makes y’all think McConnell would have even let Obama fill her seat?

Merrick Garland would like a word.

Obama had a majority in his first 2 years.  What could McTurtle have done to stop it?

5 hours ago, SKJ said:

The Supreme Court has always been nothing But ideologues and partisan hacks. If Thomas has enough time, he’s going to tear down the entire us legal system 

Very obviously not true.  It’s not like you have to go back far.  Was Souter an ideologue/party hack (GHWB’s nightmare)? Sandra Day O’Connor (nominated by Reagan, presidential medal of freedom from Obama)? Byron White (nom by JFK, wouldn’t join liberals on all those cases whose names we know by heart)?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

I don’t know what this is referring to.

it means your reduction of a career of multiple decades to a single opinion isn't all that compelling.  i decided to point to the ACLU as an example of an entity that found a lot to agree with her on throughout many many opinions, and that's an entity that isn't exactly a darling of the right.  we could come up with a number of other examples.  of course, you could come up with examples the other way too -- which is sort of the point.  she's not a hack for anyone.  the point is to look at her career holistically.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I dunno, I kinda think there should be some lines that once someone crosses, it doesn't really matter what else they've done. You know, that whole "you fuck one goat!" joke. This is just my opinion, but I think being the deciding vote to steal a presidential election is crossing one of those lines.

I don't put much stock in an organization like the ACLU praising a justice. Anyone who is frequently before the Court has every incentive not to shit on the Court or particular justices.

2 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

Didn't we have majority when Obama took her to that now infamous lunch and she declined to step down?

Not just a majority, but a super majority. 

She's proved herself to be a fucking narcissistic piece of shit... what did she say in that interview?  Something like 'who would be better than me? ' I think any liberal with a fucking pulse would be better,  you old,  decrepit,  narcissistic bitch,  since you fucking died of PANCREATIC CANCER  which is one of the worst,  most incurable fucking cancers. 

Now we have a 6-3 court,  of which consists of 2 be justices,  but equal in fascism,  and both in their forties.

Great plan you had there,  misses irreplaceable.... you just got replaced by a moron catholic strict conservative who can't even say 'poignant' and who will fight to reverse every good thing you ever did. 

The court fucking sucks,  and it had a great ally in its suckage in RGB

Edited by SKJ