The Supremes

tx 3 putt

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

What the right isn’t really accounting for is the violent swing far left.  It’s coming.  Well, maybe they are accounting for it.  They’re just in the ‘get while the gettings good’ phase.  

Probably would be a good idea for Dems to start worrying about voting rights 30 years ago. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

What the right isn’t really accounting for is the violent swing far left.  It’s coming.  Well, maybe they are accounting for it.  They’re just in the ‘get while the gettings good’ phase.  

If this doesn't mobilize every woman, both politically active and not, that cares at all about their own self-preservation, I don't know what will.  This should be a massive groundswell for Dems.

Just now, wildcat09 said:

They're hoping for violence. It would help them justify a brutal crackdown when they retake the White House.

Wildcat gets it. They aren’t here for getting while it’s good. They are here for taking permanently

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

This is the equivalent of liberals winning on Twitter and not at the voting booth. When are we going to stop thinking being clever is the solution. 

Yeah but Hillary was awful. Feel the Bern! Vote for Stein, that’ll show them! 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

On the positive side, my holdings in wire coat hanger futures are sure to increase greatly in value. (Sorry for the crude joke, just violently angry right now). 

fuck all this shit.  Cruelty is truly the point of everything these treasonous pieces of shit do. 

25 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

ALITO, J., delivered the opinion of the Court, in which THOMAS, GORSUCH, KAVANAUGH, and BARRETT, JJ., joined. THOMAS, J., and KAVANAUGH, J., filed concurring opinions. ROBERTS, C. J., filed an opinion concurring in the judgment. BREYER, SOTOMAYOR, and KAGAN, JJ., filed a dissenting opinion.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47h82rf8jw7yq8u4otzw

• Rage+1 4

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

If this doesn't mobilize every woman, both politically active and not, that cares at all about their own self-preservation, I don't know what will.  This should be a massive groundswell for Dems.

It won’t. White women in the suburbs don’t care about this. They care about gas prices, security, and whatever scares them that week. SCOTUS just overturned something that has the support of a majority of Americans. Because Rs know that they control a lot of the situation now. And in November will control more. SCOTUS was the prize. That’s why they celebrated Trump so much. Other than the racism. That’s why McConnell did what he did for some many years. And Dems let him. They have zero spine. And that won’t change anytime soon. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 4

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

It won’t. White women in the suburbs don’t care about this. They care about gas prices, security, and whatever scares them that week. SCOTUS just overturned something that has the support of a majority of Americans. Because Rs know that they control a lot of the situation now. And in November will control more. SCOTUS was the prize. That’s why they celebrated Trump so much. Other than the racism. That’s why McConnell did what he did for some many years. And Dems let him. They have zero spine. And that won’t change anytime soon. 

I really thought that Rs would never do this because they were using it as a tool to keep their dumbshit voters coming out to vote.  Now that they got their way, what is the plan?  Is it really a Handmaid's Tale version of reality?  I just can't believe that.

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I really thought that Rs would never do this because they were using it as a tool to keep their dumbshit voters coming out to vote.  Now that they got their way, what is the plan?  Is it really a Handmaid's Tale version of reality?  I just can't believe that.

Pick a new issue - gay marriage probably. Gays are not mentioned in the constitution, so time for that to go away 

Edited by Js1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

On the positive side, my holdings in wire coat hanger futures are sure to increase greatly in value. (Sorry for the crude joke, just violently angry right now). 

fuck all this shit.  Cruelty is truly the point of everything these treasonous pieces of shit do. 

I can think of no other reason. There is true hatred for people who this, and future rulings, will affect. There is no other rationale explanation. 

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

No, that's not cruel enough to enough of their enemies for them. They want full apartheid, in which only conservative white men have political and economic power. The rest of us will either serve them or be purged.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

They are coming for all regulatory powers of the federal government. That is their big agenda now that they have hijacked the Supreme Court. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Except we’ll get something like this:

“This is a sad day for indigenous birthing persons, LGBTQIAXZY#, and we want a strong Republican Party to come back”

-Pelosi and Schumer joint statement

CCBC08AC-64B4-464D-9FE9-C4D0B54B048C.webp

Edited by Firemans4Horn
  • Like 1

Really not that weird.  One of them is actually in the Constitution.

So much for those blessing of Liberty that’s in the Constitution. Just pick and choose what you want to follow. You really are a good little christian.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Except we’ll get something like this:

“This is a sad day for indigenous birthing persons, LGBTQIAXZY#, and we want a strong Republican Party to come back”

-Pelosi and Schumer joint statement

CCBC08AC-64B4-464D-9FE9-C4D0B54B048C.webp 500.43 kB · 3 downloads

Those two need to go to regain power. That is a must. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

they absolutely, categorically will fuck it up.  Pelosi and Schumer could botch a winning lottery ticket.

Stahp. You can't politic around hateful assholes and idiots. You can do a poll that 70% of people support abortion rights, but the republicans in that poll will still vote republican, because two moms kissed in a Pixar movie and transgenders are winning all the trophies. 

Nothing. Fucking. Matters. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Lol. Do you even Katy and Woodlands bro

From the majority:

"The right to abortion does not fall within this category. Until the latter part of the 20th century, such a right was entirely unknown in American law. Indeed, when the Fourteenth Amendment was adopted, three quarters of the States made abortion a crime at all stages of pregnancy. The abortion right is also critically different from any other right that this Court has held to fall within the Fourteenth Amendment’s protection of “liberty.”

Roe’s defenders characterize the abortion right as similar to the rights recognized in past decisions involving matters such as intimate sexual relations, contraception, and marriage, but abortion is fundamentally different, as both Roe and Casey acknowledged, because it destroys what those decisions called “fetal life” and what the law now before us describes as an “unborn human being.”13 Stare decisis, the doctrine on which Casey’s controlling opinion was based, does not compel unending adherence to Roe’s abuse of judicial authority. Roe was egregiously wrong from the start. Its reasoning was exceptionally weak, and the decision has had damaging consequences.

And far from bringing about a national settlement of the abortion issue, Roe and Casey have enflamed debate and deepened division. It is time to heed the Constitution and return the issue of abortion to the people’s elected representatives. “The permissibility of abortion, and the limitations, upon it, are to be resolved like most important questions in our democracy: by citizens trying to persuade one another and then voting.” Casey, 505 U. S., at 979 (Scalia, J., concurring in judgment in part and dissenting in part). That is what the Constitution and the rule of law demand."

• Fuck You 3

18 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Just now, Asithappens said:

They don't care about this or anything else that matters. You see, those women who need abortions are all whores. That's the Karen mindset. This changes nothing for them.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Asithappens said:

White women care, but then Tucker will tell them that there's an underground legion of Democrats that are imprisoning preschoolers in the sewer system or some shit and they'll BOTH SIDES this shit and pull the red lever as always.

• Rage+1 1

From the majority:
"The right to abortion does not fall within this category. Until the latter part of the 20th century, such a right was entirely unknown in American law. Indeed, when the Fourteenth Amendment was adopted, three quarters of the States made abortion a crime at all stages of pregnancy. The abortion right is also critically different from any other right that this Court has held to fall within the Fourteenth Amendment’s protection of “liberty.”
Roe’s defenders characterize the abortion right as similar to the rights recognized in past decisions involving matters such as intimate sexual relations, contraception, and marriage, but abortion is fundamentally different, as both Roe and Casey acknowledged, because it destroys what those decisions called “fetal life” and what the law now before us describes as an “unborn human being.”13 Stare decisis, the doctrine on which Casey’s controlling opinion was based, does not compel unending adherence to Roe’s abuse of judicial authority. Roe was egregiously wrong from the start. Its reasoning was exceptionally weak, and the decision has had damaging consequences.
And far from bringing about a national settlement of the abortion issue, Roe and Casey have enflamed debate and deepened division. It is time to heed the Constitution and return the issue of abortion to the people’s elected representatives. “The permissibility of abortion, and the limitations, upon it, are to be resolved like most important questions in our democracy: by citizens trying to persuade one another and then voting.” Casey, 505 U. S., at 979 (Scalia, J., concurring in judgment in part and dissenting in part). That is what the Constitution and the rule of law demand."

Do you agree with Thomas’s dissent? Yes or no?

If we just consider Catholics and Evangelical Protestants, we're talking about ~ 46% of Americans.  Most of them could be expected to lean in favor of today's ruling.  Obviously not all, because polling tells us 2/3 of Americans support Roe V Wade but I remain skeptical that there will be a distaff wave of angry voters come November.

Next up is gay marriage, same sex unions, and contraception. If you don't believe me, read it from the utter piece of shit himself.

In Justice Thomas' opinion statement, he wrote that the Supreme Court should "reconsider the rulings that protect contraception, same-sex relationships, and same-sex marriage."

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2