The Supremes

tx 3 putt

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

No no no, it's much easier to blame the Dems/Pelosi/Schumer, because they obviously put Kav/Gorsuch/ACB on the court and are forcing Sinema/Manchin to keep the filibuster it's all their fault! 

The fastest and easiest way to absolve the GOP and their fuckery of democracy/legislating of all sins.  Dennison is doing their work - Dems are bad bc they didn't stop this so voting is worthless! 

They have known this was coming for well over a decade.

And yet, here we are.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

They're not primarily to blame, but they're completely unequipped and inadequate for the moment. Clyburn is already saying it's no big deal!

That is not what he said.  He said it was anticlimactic.  Because it leaked already.  It wasn't a bombshell decision because we've known for months.

It would only have been surprised if someone flipped to to make it 5-4 the other way.  

I haven't read any of the opinions yet, but I will say that I have always had issues with the jurisprudential foundations of Griswold and its progeny.  However as a practical matter, removing that right after over 50 years of subsequent jurisprudence based on those foundations has far more serious and negative ramifications to the legitimacy of the judiciary and our entire system of government.

We're gonna need a lot more room on the ledge.

Just now, Js1 said:

That is not what he said.  He said it was anticlimactic.  Because it leaked already.  It wasn't a bombshell decision because we've known for months.

It would only have been surprised if someone flipped to to make it 5-4 the other way.  

That is not the response Democratic leadership needs to be making today.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

They have known this was coming for well over a decade.

And yet, here we are.

And what were they supposed to do when half the country lost its mind at a black president?  We were so fucked after 2010 and 2014 - it took 8 years to retake the House and 6 years to retake the Senate, with a 50/50 majority and the tiebreaker and 2 Dems who suck ass. 

A stupid, disinterested voting public who whiplashes between parties based on feelings/outrage is never going to work.  We are going to change parties in the WH every 4 years and in the House every 2 years until the sun explodes or we blow ourselves up.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Js1 said:

And what were they supposed to do when half the country lost its mind at a black president?  We were so fucked after 2010 and 2014 - it took 8 years to retake the House and 6 years to retake the Senate, with a 50/50 majority and the tiebreaker and 2 Dems who suck ass. 

A stupid, disinterested voting public who whiplashes between parties based on feelings/outrage is never going to work.  We are going to change parties in the WH every 4 years and in the House every 2 years until the sun explodes or we blow ourselves up.  

Well, Barack Obama could have started by not rolling over for Mitch McConnell. Fight. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

That is not the response Democratic leadership needs to be making today.

You're just rightfully upset and lashing out at the wrong people.

I can't help you.  You woke up ready to be mad at the Dems for something the GOP/unelected SCOTUS did.  A lot of y'all wake up every day ready to be mad at the party trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit while the far right keeps lighting the kitchen on fire. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Just now, Js1 said:

I can't help you.  You woke up ready to be mad at the Dems for something the GOP/unelected SCOTUS did.  A lot of y'all wake up every day ready to be mad at the party trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit while the far right keeps lighting the kitchen on fire. 

Well, I'm ready to fistfight every Republican I see. But that's not as productive as championing a more aggressive and progressive Democratic politics and I don't want to go to jail today.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

I guess RBG just had to stay on the Court.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

The timidity of the Dems, at least the ones in charge, knows no boundary. They didn't want to legislate this out of fear. It's the same as their knuckling under on the Iraq invasion. 

Even so, this is a bigger issue than political bumbling. That's the politics football game within the stadium. The rise of tyranny is the conflict in the larger world. Time to leave the stadium and join the war.

Edit to add: Abortion is checked off. Now it's time to go after homosexuals grooming the nation's children and transexuals who are destroying our concept of the restroom. Jesus demands it.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

It's because none of this happened overnight.  But the inherent problem is always the diversity that Democrats have to juggle and get to rally around collectively.  It's damn difficult.  

3 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

I just can't wrap my mind around how you can be against abortion and contraception.  One prevents the other.  That's how it works.  That's it's entire selling point.  

Control over women and forced morality. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

I just can't wrap my mind around how you can be against abortion and contraception.  One prevents the other.  That's how it works.  That's it's entire selling point.  

I was at a Catholic wedding last weekend - before the priest made them man and wife, he took a moment to express his joy that the couple planned on having children so that their children could "enrich the church". 

These fucking wackos that want to control women just want more bodies. And women have the necessary equipment, so they need to be regulated and maintained like any other equipment right??

Edited by Captainant

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I guess RBG just had to stay on the Court.

Was going to type that thing argument but she tried to hold on as long as possible to undo what she did.  And her last years had to be difficult and trying, every single breath. But yeah, she should have retired during Obama's presidency. 

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

The timidity of the Dems, at least the ones in charge, knows no boundary. They didn't want to legislate this out of fear. It's the same as their knuckling under on the Iraq invasion. 

Even so, this is a bigger issue than political bumbling. That's the politics football game within the stadium. The rise of tyranny is the conflict in the larger world. Time to leave the stadium and join the war.

The Republican Party has been telegraphing this day for as long as I can remember and the Democrats never changed the way they practice politics.

LBJ would have been appalled at the malpractice.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

I was at a Catholic wedding last weekend - before the priest made them man and wife, he took a moment to express his joy that the coupled planned on having children so that their children could "enrich the church". 

These fucking wackos that want to control women just want more bodies. And women have the necessary equipment, so they need to be regulated and maintained like any other equipment right??

Yup. It's just a numbers game to them.  They seriously believe the white genocide/great replacement shit and think they need to make white women stay at home and have tons of babies. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Well, I'm ready to fistfight every Republican I see. But that's not as productive as championing a more aggressive and progressive Democratic politics and I don't want to go to jail today.

Go to jail?  More like get shot--it's stand your ground out there.

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

How do you expect them to legislate this with the filibuster?  Dems had one brief filibuster proof majority and were kinda focused on saving us from a giant recession and then the ACA.  And then Ted Kennedy died. 

No one foresaw this in that brief 2009-2010 window when there was time to codify it into law with a Democratic House and 60-vote Senate - everything was still semi-normal.  Then the House was lost, then the Senate was lost and then a guy who lost the popular vote got to appoint 3 judges because Mitch McConnell blew up the Senate. 

You expected them to...idk, see a dozen years into the future?  Maybe they would have also seen that Trump was going to be elected and tried to stop it with their all-knowing minds.  They aren't Doctor Strange.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I get the impulse and it would probably serve the interest of posterity, but they would just end up with another political victory upon acquittal. 

You sound like one of them pussy Dems you keep talking about. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth
  • Hook 'Em 2

I'm sure y'all covered this but: "Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton in his statement on the Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade announced the statewide closure of his agency’s offices Friday “in honor of the nearly 70 million unborn babies killed in the womb since 1973,” according to a release from the attorney general’s office."

Edited by C-Man
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

How do you expect them to legislate this with the filibuster?  Dems had one brief filibuster proof majority and were kinda focused on saving us from a giant recession and then the ACA.  And then Ted Kennedy died. 

No one foresaw this in that brief 2009-2010 window when there was time to codify it into law with a Democratic House and 60-vote Senate - everything was still semi-normal.  Then the House was lost, then the Senate was lost and then a guy who lost the popular vote got to appoint 3 judges because Mitch McConnell blew up the Senate. 

You expected them to...idk, see a dozen years into the future?  Maybe they would have also seen that Trump was going to be elected and tried to stop it with their all-knowing minds.  They aren't Doctor Strange.

Leadership could just ignore the filibuster rule. And the parliamentarian.

3 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Another horrific point is that two of the five justices who struck down Roe and Casey have been accused of sexual misconduct, to put it mildly.

Of those five, one was appointed by a president who lost the popular vote and was illegitimately given the office by SCOTUS. Three were appointed by a president who lost the popular vote and attempted a coup after his second loss (and one of those three was given a stolen seat).  Only one was in any democratic sense legitimately appointed, and he's likely complicit in that coup attempt along with his wife.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1