The Supremes

tx 3 putt

5 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Quoting Sack with Brisket’s post to remind us that people that think this is a good day and react the way Sack has are ultimately evil.  I do believe there are anti-abortion activists that have a sense of morality but have no clue what something like today really means.  They are wrong, too.  But the Johnny Sacks of the world are just evil.

If you agree and are happy with what today’s decision allows Texas and Missouri to do, you agree and accept that a 12 year old little girlin Texas or Missouri that is raped by her dad has to take her sibling to term even if it might, but may not, risk her life to go to term.  Because no Dr. in Texas is going to take the chance on what Paxton and his flying monkeys might see as a subjective decision.  Their insurance won’t let them.  That is fucked.  You can say you don’t agree with it, but that girl in Texas or Missouri, and likely many other states, won’t have an option.  I’d hope a realization like that would make an impact, but it won’t.  So those that are happy and relishing in today can get turbofucked.

Nasty folks wanting humans to have an opportunity at life is just deplorable.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 8

9 hours ago, Brandywine said:

Voting, or not voting in this case, has consequences. People that say they are more liberal but don’t vote because they don’t think their vote counts are getting payback. The Republicans are taking our rights away and cramming their religious beliefs down our throats. We are closer now to a Handmaid’s Tale type of country. As a religious nut friend I know said, “this is all God’s doing because we as a country couldn’t do it on our own.”

Everyone please vote.  It may not matter, but vote anyway.  I doubt anyone reading this fails to vote.

It may not matter because our system favors one party for two and half branches of government.  The senate is split 50/50 but Democratic senators represent more people than Republican senators.  The system allows the president to win while losing the popular election.  The president appoints justices and the Senate confirms them, creating justices that are not at the center of our population.

Shenanigans in the Senate, plus RBG's attempt to outlive the Trump administration, have led us to the point where the Supreme Court has views that are out of step with the majority of the population.  More voting in large blue states isn't going to help that.  If Texas can become a swing state ... maybe that helps.

A controlling minority can move us forward as a society, even if the majority disagree.  The minority can also crap all over the majority.  Right now they're crapping.

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Aren't you the guy whose opinion I don't give a shit about?

Today is a great day.  A grievous wrong was finally made right.  Sorry you can't convenience kill as many innocent unborn now.  Tough shit.

Your religion isn’t mine, schlub. You have no respect for the Constitution. Perhaps that is why God has deluded you.

2 Thessalonians 2:11, NIV: For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Your religion isn’t mine, schlub. You have no respect for the Constitution. Perhaps that is why God has deluded you.

2 Thessalonians 2:11, NIV: For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie

Today’s Christians are everything the Romans were when Jesus was crucified.  The irony is right there to see for anyone with even half a brain. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I actually am intrigued by the religious freedom argument here.  I mean, it would probably not even be granted cert, but if it were, the gymnastics required by the majority to somehow reject the argument given their past opinions would make Bush v Gore look like a down the middle case.

14 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

Everyone please vote.  It may not matter, but vote anyway.  I doubt anyone reading this fails to vote.

It may not matter because our system favors one party for two and half branches of government.  The senate is split 50/50 but Democratic senators represent more people than Republican senators.  The system allows the president to win while losing the popular election.  The president appoints justices and the Senate confirms them, creating justices that are not at the center of our population.

Shenanigans in the Senate, plus RBG's attempt to outlive the Trump administration, have led us to the point where the Supreme Court has views that are out of step with the majority of the population.  More voting in large blue states isn't going to help that.  If Texas can become a swing state ... maybe that helps.

A controlling minority can move us forward as a society, even if the majority disagree.  The minority can also crap all over the majority.  Right now they're crapping.

May be an image of text that says '81,268,924 VOTED DEMOCRAT 74,216,154 VOTED REPUBLICAN 101,176,932 BETTER START τO GIVE A SHIT'

Way back in 2020.

101 million folks didn't have the time to care.

• Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I actually am intrigued by the religious freedom argument here.  I mean, it would probably not even be granted cert, but if it were, the gymnastics required by the majority to somehow reject the argument given their past opinions would make Bush v Gore look like a down the middle case.

There are quite a few Christian denominations that are pro-choice, as well as those who remain deliberately silent on the issue. The vast majority of Jews are pro-choice. TIL the Koran is a pro-choice tome, as well.

Fungelicals are more repressive than the Taliban. Calibrate your perception of sentient sewage as necessary.

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The fact that you think this somehow makes any kind of point shows just how shallowly you view this whole discussion and reinforces that you are simply evil.  You are trolling at this point.  Moms and preteens are going to die and miscarriages are going to be investigated.  But yeah, show someone twerking.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

The fact that you think this somehow makes any kind of point shows just how shallowly you view this whole discussion and reinforces that you are simply evil.  You are trolling at this point.  Moms and preteens are going to die and miscarriages are going to be investigated.  But yeah, show someone twerking.  

Nothing posted on this board makes a shit.

• Fuck You 4

There are quite a few Christian denominations that are oro-choice, and those who remain silent on the issue. The vast majority of Jews are pro-choice. TIL the Koran is a pro-choice tome, as well.

Fungelicals are more repressive than the Taliban. Calibrate your perception of sentient sewage as necessary.

Perhaps it would be Alito’s Jessup moment - “this is a Christian nation, all you other religions and “lesser” Christians do not matter.”  He’s gotten a little salty in the opinions this week.  Eventually his clerks aren’t going to hold him back and he’s going to just say out loud that he’s a racist, sexist, puritanical corporate shill hiding behind originalism, but dodging it where it suits him. 

2 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

It’s a conservative Christian thing. You wouldn’t understand.

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Nothing posted on this board makes a shit.

Got it.  The “this show sucks so I am going to post in this thread about how I don’t watch this show and this show sucks” retort.  Dude, check your fly.  Your total lack of compassion, empathy, and humanity is showing.  You probably think Oliver Cromwell and the head of the Spanish Inquisition were righteous dudes.  

Says the guy who is against every effort to help those that have taken the breath of life.

fucking this. Many people need help, pre birth, birth, early childhood, childhood, teenagers, young adults, adults, the elderly …..

Edited by tx 3 putt

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

fucking this. Many people need help, pre birth, birth, early childhood, childhood, teenagers, young adults, adults, the elderly …..

This is pretty much every Republican's attitude to everyone else in the country right now.

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm about done with @Johnny Sack being a toxic dick constantly. I honestly can't remember a single post I've seen that hasn't been completely toxic from him - is anyone going to have a problem if I just ban him? 

Isn't the normal complaint that somebody is going CR outside of CR?  This IS CR.

• Fuck You 1

Yes. Pubs stepped on their dick big time here. 

No they didn’t.
They’ll kill Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefel. Then, GQP leges will criminalize contraception, consensual sex between adults if it’s the kind they think is icky, and no longer allow two people of the same sex to enjoy the same legal rights of people of different sex.
And you’ll still support them, never once failing to pull the lever for them. They know that can be as horrible to the “other” as they can be, and they will never lose the support of you and yours. Not because you don’t care….but because you actually like the cruelty.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, immamac said:

I don't see these posts that make him a good poster where are they? Does he just need CR and DT removed? All I ever see are him being a toxic shithead to people. I could give 2 fucks about his opinions it's the way he constantly goes about what his opinions are that is the issue. 

Hobbies forum, legal discussion, etc.  I’m of the same political persuasion but disagree with him on RvW and tonight’s “victory lap”, so I can see what you’re saying tonight. But in general?  We have much, much worse posters. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No they didn’t.
They’ll kill Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefel. Then, GQP leges will criminalize contraception, consensual sex between adults if it’s the kind they think is icky, and no longer allow two people of the same sex to enjoy the same legal rights of people of different sex.
And you’ll still support them, never once failing to pull the lever for them. They know that can be as horrible to the “other” as they can be, and they will never lose the support of you and yours. Not because you don’t care….but because you actually like the cruelty.

I’d direct you to douchebag Portnoys tweet.  That’s where the vast, vast, majority of the country lives.  There plenty of very pissed off women tonight who pull the R lever. I fucking live with one, and live among many more.  They aren’t happy. 

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Hobbies forum, legal discussion, etc.  I’m of the same political persuasion but disagree with him on RvW and tonight’s “victory lap”, so I can see what you’re saying tonight. But in general?  We have much, much worse posters. 

I respond in kind to maybe 1 out of 20 personal attacks.  Yet I'm the toxic one.  What a joke.

• Fuck You 5

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

I don't see these posts that make him a good poster where are they? Does he just need CR and DT removed? All I ever see are him being a toxic shithead to people. I could give 2 fucks about his opinions it's the way he constantly goes about what his opinions are that is the issue. 

if we're removing people from DT i have some suggestions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I’d direct you to douchebag Portnoys tweet.  That’s where the vast, vast, majority of the country lives.  There plenty of very pissed off women tonight who pull the R lever. I fucking live with one, and live among many more.  They aren’t happy. 

There is zero point in trying to get your people in office if you do not grab the brass ring in the fleeting moments when you can.  Like Obama, Reid and Pelosi did with the ACA.  It cost them politically.  This may too.  It will be worth it.

• Fuck You 5

Isn't the normal complaint that somebody is going CR outside of CR?  This IS CR.

Sack’s failing is a simple one: he’s cruel. It’s the one trait I can’t forgive. To show you how the script can and should be different, I remember being at a service in a church where the denomination just voted to recognize and ordain gay clergy. When the minister announced the result/process (not sure exactly what the announcement was exactly), some people in the congregation cheered, loudly, as others remained painfully silent. The minister raised his hand to quiet the crowd, and admonished them, telling them that this was and remains a divisive issue, and even while they were happy with the outcome, some of their fellow congregants were saddened by the result, and they should have that in mind and focus on a way to heal and move forward together.

The reason that we are a broken and irredeemable country is because we have 100x more Sacks than we have that minister.

A nation that revels in cruelty cannot and should not be saved.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

Whatever. Doesn’t matter. They’ll come back. Because Tucker will tell them to. You will. Your wife will. You will vote GQP after they do everything I said they would. Because the cruelty makes you hard, and makes her swoon.
  • Hook 'Em 2