The Supremes

tx 3 putt

57 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

fuck you and fuck your fucking feelings.

I wish nothing but the WORST for all current Republicans. You have destroyed this country with your voting habits and your support of lunatic christofascists and your propensity to be duped into believing the dumbest fucking shit ever in the name of an unrelenting thirst for right-wing power.

You are all dead to me. 

Stern, but fair.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

The biggest cunt on the board calling someone else a cunt is highly ironic. 

I don’t actually think it is but I’m not an English major. I also don’t care that your feelings got hurt about people being mean to your ilk. Cry more

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

The biggest cunt on the board calling someone else a cunt is highly ironic. 

You think Hobbes is the biggest cunt?  What has he done?  Honest question. If it’s on the football boards, I’m probably unaware. That place is just nuts. 

14 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Same.  Until then, I'll just point out to lefty posters that I hate them as much or more than they hate me.

I think you have made that pretty clear without pointing it out further, which is probably the main reason why you should not post here any more.  If all you have is hate, and all they have is hate, what's keeping you here?  

You sound entirely like a petty, troubled person that just needs to hang out with your own.  Even for those that present a more moderate set of perspectives, don't neg, use humor and sarcasm intelligently, and otherwise contribute to the conversations without triggering anyone, any discussion with you is pretty damn worthless in that respect.  

Banning you is dumb.  You'll just martyr yourself.  It's all in your head anyway.  Seek help, but first just move along.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, fattyflattie said:

So, considering the events of the last 24 hours, would you consider this statement ironic? 

Nope but again someone who knows more about it can probably clarify. I don’t really give a shit. 
You and those you associate with are cunts. You can say “no you are” all you want. Im not offended by someone calling me a cunt because I don’t get mad about being called names by random people on the internet. If you’d like a safe space im sure we can find one for you

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

You think Hobbes is the biggest cunt?  What has he done?  Honest question. If it’s on the football boards, I’m probably unaware. That place is just nuts. 

I got into with @sidis on the college World Series thread and he could probably use an apology from me. Texas Baseball is serious business. But he’s an Everton fan anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

Christians often dictate that people should love the sinner but hate the sin.

John taught "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."  1 John 4:8

and yet here we have one of the most pious Christofascists on surly admitting that he hates many posters on CR.

Now THAT'S a tell.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Who is ‘we’’and ‘us’? 

If you are allied with the new GOP ideology built on lies, hate, voter suppression and science denying-then by all means, go away and post on Texags or Tiger Rant where like minded people are found.   Because even though most of MAGA world believes all the lies, that does not mean they aren’t lies, or that shutting down the spread of lies is some kind of political Jihad against conservatives.  

It’s simply anti-hate and lies. 

I think I’ve been remarkably deferential, almost to the point of embarrassment in my opinion. You’ll have to forgive my confusion, as I’m being told it’s Sack’s antics and not his political preference that requires banning. If it’s as simple as Republicans not being allowed to post here, then I’ll oblige. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 8

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:

I think I’ve been remarkably deferential, almost to the point of embarrassment in my opinion. You’ll have to forgive my confusion, as I’m being told it’s Sack’s antics and not his political preference that requires banning. If it’s as simple as Republicans not being allowed to post here, then I’ll oblige. 

As has been stated a BILLION times, this board is probably majority (or at least close to 50/50) former republicans. Stop crying because we don’t tolerate disingenuous shitbags. If you have something to discuss in good faith, have at it. Unfortunately that precludes most of the R agenda these days. But by all means. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Except for you are completely ok with women losing bodily autonomy.  You were clear about that when the draft leaked.  You are no better than Sack in that you want to impose your beliefs on others.  So fuck right off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

News alert: Southern Baptists were pro-abortion until Paul Weyrich created the Moral Majority narrative for the Christian Right. 
https://billmoyers.com/2014/07/17/when-southern-baptists-were-pro-choice/

“Conventional wisdom holds that the rise of the religious right as a political force to be reckoned with during the 1970s and 1980s was driven by conservative Christians’ intense opposition to the Supreme Court’s decision in Roe v. Wade. But Dartmouth College’s Randall Balmer writes that “the abortion myth quickly collapses under historical scrutiny.”

He notes that “it wasn’t until 1979 — a full six years after Roe — that evangelical leaders, at the behest of conservative activist Paul Weyrich, seized on abortion not for moral reasons, but …. because the anti-abortion crusade was more palatable than the religious right’s real motive: protecting segregated schools.”

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

As has been stated a BILLION times, this board is probably majority (or at least close to 50/50) former republicans. Stop crying because we don’t tolerate disingenuous shitbags. If you have something to discuss in good faith, have at it. Unfortunately that precludes most of the R agenda these days. But by all means. 

It’s more about clarification than crying. 

• Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Anyone who still identifies as Republican is a disingenuous shitbag. Period. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Just to be clear, I personally haven't made any attacks on you, but I do question why you support a party with representatives who state wildly insane things like this:

7 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Just to be clear, I personally haven't made any attacks on you, but I do question why you support a party with representatives who state wildly insane things like this:

Pretty obvious she's never been raped.  2-1 on uncle molestation, however.

4 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

News alert: Southern Baptists were pro-abortion until Paul Weyrich created the Moral Majority narrative for the Christian Right. 

“Conventional wisdom holds that the rise of the religious right as a political force to be reckoned with during the 1970s and 1980s was driven by conservative Christians’ intense opposition to the Supreme Court’s decision in Roe v. Wade. But Dartmouth College’s Randall Balmer writes that “the abortion myth quickly collapses under historical scrutiny.”

He notes that “it wasn’t until 1979 — a full six years after Roe — that evangelical leaders, at the behest of conservative activist Paul Weyrich, seized on abortion not for moral reasons, but …. because the anti-abortion crusade was more palatable than the religious right’s real motive: protecting segregated schools.”

I actually have a distinct recollection of this even at a young age though I don't exactly recall which year but I would guess it was around the 1980 timeframe.

My best friend at the time, Scott, lived across the street from me. He and I went to the same Southern Baptist church, and our moms had gone to some after hours church meeting/presentation and came back suddenly spouting their opposition to abortion. Prior to that, he and I had never heard any kind of discussion from our moms, but they were suddenly on the warpath.

I remember it because we were playing in the dirt, building forts for our army men under a couple of trees and had a discussion about it abortion for the first in our lives, because our moms were so suddenly riled up.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, bolverk said:

They want women to be June Cleavers again. 

12 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

I have been posting this for years.  Nobody ever seems to either believe it or remember it.

History . . . we can learn things.

• Hook 'Em 4

there is no fucking quiet part anymore

I'm sure the point he's trying to make is that SCOTUS has overturned bad decisions in past. Plessy was the bad decision overturned by Brown. He didn't word it well, because he's not good at this.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, tchookem said:
1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
there is no fucking quiet part anymore

I'm sure the point he's trying to make is that SCOTUS has overturned bad decisions in past. Plessy was the bad decision overturned by Brown. He didn't word it well, because he's not good at this.

Except that was overturning a bad decision that ended up giving people more rights. This is the opposite. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Obama campaigned on the ACA and won. Kavannaugh and Gotsuch straight up lied at their confirmation hearing. That you don’t acknowledge this is why you’re a fool. A putz that is also unaware, i assume, that the Right seeks absolute power vested in a monarch.

https://graymirror.substack.com/p/principles-of-the-deep-right

Of course, maybe you’re a fonferer-paskudnik.

• Like 1