The Supremes

tx 3 putt

5 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Literal nazis won this battle

It's white male rule of law.  If you managed to get born another race or sex, sorry, and if you're a female minority--doubly sucks for you, since you're lowest on the totem pole.  But you Cuban and Latinos keep voting for where you see yourselves in white life, MAGA culture.  Make America Great Again relied on your backs to make it happen the first time, and they're telling you they'll do it again, and again, and again. And for the women out there, your body isn't your own, so what rights can you possibly hold? 

• Rage+1 3

15 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Better hope the Right doesn't label these protesters as the new terrorists.  Cruz has already stated he feels threatened by the Left.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

What?  Why is it disgusting?

Devaluing life is psychopath shit. I specifically said banning abortion is outrageous bullshit, and I never said anything about some lives having more value than others. Everyone is someone's child, sister, mother. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, B00M said:

Devaluing life is psychopath shit. I specifically said banning abortion is outrageous bullshit, and I never said anything about some lives having more value than others. Everyone is someone's child, sister, mother. 

Yes, you're kinda making my point.  It's not devaluing life, it's realizing that all life is equal.  And equally meaningless in the large scheme of things.  Your life is no more sacred or precious than mine or anyone else's.  You aren't special.  Neither am I.  We are just animals.  

• Like 1

Twitter thread that explains how a lawyer of similar age and stupid, foolish ideals (actually believing in our system and the rule of law) feels these days. I could have written something that looks about 95% like this myself, and I know multiple colleagues who would do the same. Read the whole thread, but the opener and the harsh clincher are here:

We are on most dangerous ground. There is no safe path. There are only horrific outcomes every way you go. And the law and our institutions cannot save us anymore. Go ahead and finish your thoughts about where that leaves us, and why some of us have been warning so urgently about the folly of abandoning the rule of law.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

42 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Twitter thread that explains how a lawyer of similar age and stupid, foolish ideals (actually believing in our system and the rule of law) feels these days. I could have written something that looks about 95% like this myself, and I know multiple colleagues who would do the same. Read the whole thread, but the opener and the harsh clincher are here:

We are on most dangerous ground. There is no safe path. There are only horrific outcomes every way you go. And the law and our institutions cannot save us anymore. Go ahead and finish your thoughts about where that leaves us, and why some of us have been warning so urgently about the folly of abandoning the rule of law.

His thesis is absurd. His color and gender have nothing to do with whether he should have a problem with those things. Had he said those things do not directly affect him as a white male he has a point, but it does not follow he should not be upset by them. Didn’t get past that intro

also people need to vote. It matters. Go vote. And convince everyone you know to vote

His thesis is absurd. His color and gender have nothing to do with whether he should have a problem with those things. Had he said those things do not directly affect him as a white male he has a point, but it does not follow he should not be upset by them. Didn’t get past that intro

also people need to vote. It matters. Go vote. And convince everyone you know to vote

Then you definitely need to get past his intro, because the entire thread speaks to what you just said. He opened with a rhetorical device that creates a differentiation between being entirely self-focused (which is our dominant cultural ethos right now, and thus is a huge problem) vs having empathy and concern for the common good.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Then you definitely need to get past his intro, because the entire thread speaks to what you just said. He opened with a rhetorical device that creates a differentiation between being entirely self-focused (which is our dominant cultural ethos right now, and thus is a huge problem) vs having empathy and concern for the common good.

In that case I’m not his audience because I don’t need convincing of that. I still think that’s not a good opening if he is trying to do anything but preach to the choir. 

Dems need to make November about reproductive rights and gun safety. Simple repetitive messages and keep hammering. And they need to get out the vote. Voter apathy among moderate dems and left leaning independents will have a greater effect on the vote margins in texas than suppression 

20 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

In that case I’m not his audience because I don’t need convincing of that. I still think that’s not a good opening if he is trying to do anything but preach to the choir. 

Dems need to make November about reproductive rights and gun safety. Simple repetitive messages and keep hammering. And they need to get out the vote. Voter apathy among moderate dems and left leaning independents will have a greater effect on the vote margins in texas than suppression 

And, you know, those who claim to be so progressive they couldn’t bring themselves to vote for more centrist candidates. You hear that there are throngs of such voters, waiting for an acceptably progressive candidate. 

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

And convince everyone you know to vote

I'm also fine with convincing the pieces of shit citizens like fattty to not vot. Hey you already got yours, they're all the same,  so why not just sit this one out.....

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

And, you know, those who claim to be so progressive they couldn’t bring themselves to vote for more centrist candidates. You hear that there are throngs of such voters, waiting for an acceptably progressive candidate. 

THIS.

A buddy of mine is like this and it infuriates me to the point where I do question if he is truly the liberal he pretends to be. He doesn't know who Jimmy Dore is but he's just like Jimmy Dore and his ilk. BUT THE DEMOCRATS.....

What have Republicans never done organizationally that Democrats repeatedly do? Bash other Republicans and call for a third party solution. The GOP was hijacked by the Tea Party Birther crazies during the Obama administration and that morphed into even more lunacy with the GQP. For all the Cruz, Rubios, and Lindseys bashing Trump during the 2016 primaries, they have all fallen in line with fascism because that is who they are. Meanwhile, idiots like Nina Turner are tweeting out bullshit about how Dems have absolute control over the legislative and executive branch and do nothing while democracy burns. Idiots tweeting out context-free lies of omission about Democratic leadership singing God Bless America after the Roe reversal was announced. 

The enemy is not the Democrats. The enemy is the GQP. They must be stopped at all costs. 

• Hook 'Em 6

41 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Since privacy is gone… how fast could Biden and co require a national gun registration?? They should also go ahead and mandate ALL vaccines for any pandemic type diseases (polio, small pox, etc). If we are going authoritarian, fuck it, let’s go. Rip the bandaid off and get rolling. This death by a 1000 cuts is tiring.

Oh my sweet summer child. There’s no logical consistency that can be used for *you* - the only thing that matters is the political outcome and everything is worked backwards from there. Those policies would be stricken down by this Court. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Idk Democrats could have codified Roe v Wade a couple times right? It's actually a good fundraiser right now for Democrats. They are getting crushed on inflation and economy messaging.

Codifying a basic, fundamental human right--and what is more essential than bodily autonomy???--undermines that right and opens it to be undone by future legislation.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Since privacy is gone… how fast could Biden and co require a national gun registration?? They should also go ahead and mandate ALL vaccines for any pandemic type diseases (polio, small pox, etc). If we are going authoritarian, fuck it, let’s go. Rip the bandaid off and get rolling. This death by a 1000 cuts is tiring.

I mean, reproductive rights and medical privacy no longer exist so yes the govt will be coming to forcibly vaccinate every citizen. Also every male will get a mandatory vasectomy at 13th birthday and can only get it reversed upon a showing of good cause. If you get it reversed, you get a card stating so. You must show it to your partner every time before sex so they know you’re fertile. Life sentence if you don’t.

Every one of theses is legal and constitutional under the Alito opinion.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Won’t make a shit fuck of difference since the message will be drowned out by reminding the rubes that rich people’s 401ks are down and gas is $5.

• Rage+1 2

Remember two months ago how all the GQP fuckers said the briefing leak was such a danger to the sanctity of our judicial system and they were going to get to the bottom of it?  Their newfound silence on that matter tells me the Dems should go all out searching for the source of the leak.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Remember two months ago how all the GQP fuckers said the briefing leak was such a danger to the sanctity of our judicial system and they were going to get to the bottom of it?  Their newfound silence on that matter tells me the Dems should go all out searching for the source of the leak.

63562CFE-7243-4B22-A00C-7798ED2C29A1.jpeg

Edited by Pods

3 hours ago, Gourmand said:

I'm also fine with convincing the pieces of shit citizens like fattty to not vot. Hey you already got yours, they're all the same,  so why not just sit this one out.....

That’s the issue though isn’t it?  I became disinterested over the last few years, but should become more engaged. GOTV is a good thing. 

Plenty of BLM land out west to give options for AZ, WY, MT, ID, UT. Not much BLM land in the mid-west, or east, but there is sufficient USFS land to get good geographic coverage and limit driving time of patients. 

image.png.19d6e8aa811877a9a9c9e72b67dfde94.png

Doit.gif

This Is The Way GIF

But realistically, how long would those take to open on national lands? Surely you'd need environmental impact studies, etc? Is it crazy to think that R states will see the negative impacts and soften their no exception bans before federal abortion clinics could be opened? 

I'm kidding, of course that's crazy

32 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

This is the way. 

It provides safe access to reproductive healthcare to all states 

and we get to watch stupid people learn the difference between states rights and federal rights. One dollar says some dumb fuck governor tries to shut down one of the clinics with state troops and Biden has to bring in troops (Little Rock Boogaloo)

• Hook 'Em 1

200.gif

But realistically, how long would those take to open on national lands? Surely you'd need environmental impact studies, etc? Is it crazy to think that R states will see the negative impacts and soften their no exception bans before federal abortion clinics could be opened? 
I'm kidding, of course that's crazy

The federal government can just buy the existing land under Planned Parenthood facilities and there you go, operational clinics on federal land.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

The federal government can just buy the existing land under Planned Parenthood facilities and there you go, operational clinics on federal land.

Or even easier. Planned parenthood could donate all their land to the Federal government. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

It provides safe access to reproductive healthcare to all states 

and we get to watch stupid people learn the difference between states rights and federal rights. One dollar says some dumb fuck governor tries to shut down one of the clinics with state troops and Biden has to bring in troops (Little Rock Boogaloo)

Noem or DeSantis would be my leading candidates with hot wheels not far behind. 

29 minutes ago, Pods said:

Plenty of BLM land out west to give options for AZ, WY, MT, ID, UT. Not much BLM land in the mid-west, or east, but there is sufficient USFS land to get good geographic coverage and limit driving time of patients. 

image.png.19d6e8aa811877a9a9c9e72b67dfde94.png

Doit.gif

There’s post offices all over

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Macklemore said:

What if we aren’t disingenuous about what we want? I can be like the @David Dennison of the new right.

All pro new-right posts deserve fuck you, you un-American, anti-democratic paskudnik, reactions. The new—right straight up seeks absolute power vested in a monarch. 

“The (new) right knows that all government is absolute. Because of this, the (new) right is only interested in paths to absolute power.”

-Curtis Yarvin

Edited by Willfully Horn