The Supremes

tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Yes. I don't know the mechanics or if it's possible but something like a 2 year renewable lease for $1 would at least start to make sense but just giving would be dumb.

Well, and when the Rs come back to power they could just shut them down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

All pro new-right posts deserve fuck you, you un-American, anti-democratic paskudnik, reactions. The new—right straight up seeks absolute power vested in a monarch. 

“The (new) right knows that all government is absolute. Because of this, the (new) right is only interested in paths to absolute power.”

-Curtis Yarvin

This guy gets it. Monarchy is sexy.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Fuck You 5

Of course it will only be temporary. Which is why eliminating the right to privacy is insane, because whoever is in power will just flip the switch back and forth. 

Until the SC says that states rights don’t matter anymore with regard to abortion, because they say so.

This is the new law: There is no law but what the GOP scotus says it is.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

Since privacy is gone… how fast could Biden and co require a national gun registration?? They should also go ahead and mandate ALL vaccines for any pandemic type diseases (polio, small pox, etc). If we are going authoritarian, fuck it, let’s go. Rip the bandaid off and get rolling. This death by a 1000 cuts is tiring.

The problem is that the super majority on the Supreme Court are a bunch of political hacks and total hypocrites. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

This. Make no mistake, the Federal outlaw of abortion in all states will come just as soon as the gop controls the WH and Congress.

Yet another reason to kill the filibuster and get the jump on them.  But Democrats.  lulz.  cry.

• Rage+1 1

On 6/25/2022 at 8:10 AM, Smax said:

The right needs to drop this "life is special, life is precious" bullshit because its not. There are over 8 billion people on this rock, thousands are born every day and thousands die every day. Life isn't special, its a dime a dozen

Not surprised to see this take, it has been put out here before. Kinda surprised to see little push back with few exceptions, and some pos reps.

The intrinsic value of human life is not a sample size or kinetics equation. 

I hope that some of you will take a breath at some point and see where this type of logic goes.  

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 2

On 6/25/2022 at 11:02 AM, bolverk said:

I got put on timeout for a week twice, each time, for going after the fucker.

Once, because I stated the name of his church, which he absolutely mentioned on the other site (otherwise, how would I have ever known? I don't live in Houston and have never met him. I wasn't even completely sure I got the name right, but he confirmed it in his response). The second time was for quoting a couple of snippets from that same church's "we believe page" (without mentioning the name of the church) to point out how Johnny's hypocrisy runs contrary to what his place of worship supposedly espouses. Others have posted various accounts of how active his role is in that church.

In both cases, they were in direct response to him making very personal and direct attacks on two separate posters. In the first case, he was being an absolutely toxic misogynist, making fun of the appearance of a female poster suffering through Covid. In the other case, he led a riled up cabal (yes, I said it) of angry, spiteful sewage spewers who were shitting all over one of our LGBTQ+ sisters. So far as I know, she, an excellent poster btw, has only made one appearance on this site since.

The point I'm making is that he likely reported me in both cases (and I took my lumps without complaint) while is somehow treated with kid gloves in spite of the poisonous bile he vomits all over other posters. His celebration last night of an assault on peaceful protesters and this morning's link to a known "fake news" website that spreads Putin's propaganda deserve something.

I'm guessing it was thin skinned blacklab who banned you both times.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Not surprised to see this take, it has been put out here before. Kinda surprised to see little push back with few exceptions, and some pos reps.

I hope that some of you will take a breath at some point and see where this type of logic goes.  

Don't you believe wolves have souls?

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Oh holy Christ, you're scolding us over a smax post?

Take a breath yourself.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

Life indeed does have no value. Only power had value. The entire GQP out front, masturbating furiously to their Putin-esque dreams, shoulda told you.
We don’t make the rules around here. The GQP does. And they’ve made that rule loud and clear. Ignore it at your peril.
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

It provides safe access to reproductive healthcare to all states 

and we get to watch stupid people learn the difference between states rights and federal rights. One dollar says some dumb fuck governor tries to shut down one of the clinics with state troops and Biden has to bring in troops (Little Rock Boogaloo)

Except unfortunately there's no way Biden and the Dems force the issue by doing this.

I'm with Liz on this one that it should be done ASAP.

5 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

You don't have to worry because you can write your own RX after.

True, but she put it out there she’s definitely down with women getting abortions, depending on the circumstances.  Tricking a gal into taking plan B is very Republican.  I’m a democrat now, brother.  Call me, Kristi.  

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

The intrinsic value of human life is a human creation. But you know that.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Dude, you got what you wanted.

Well that is not true.  I would much prefer that we were a society and culture that was working towards a common appreciation of the innate value of human life. Instead our politics charts a course where people are hardened into arguing that human life has no value, to reject the underpinnings of natural law and natural rights, and to do so both in seriousness and flippantly with free interchange. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Well that is not true.  I would much prefer that we were a society and culture that was working towards a common appreciation of the innate value of human life. Instead our politics charts a course where people are hardened into arguing that human life has no value, to reject the underpinnings of natural law and natural rights, and to do so both in seriousness and flippantly with free interchange. 

I don’t know why I’m continuing this, but I guess I’m feeling saucy tonight. I’m not arguing human life has NO value. I am arguing that people way overvalue their own value compared to everyone and everything else. It’s this selfishness that causes people to hurt others. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Rights are a creation of man. Human life has value because man says it has value. Nature doesn't care about you.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I would much prefer that we were a society and culture that was working towards a common appreciation of the innate value of human life

Rich words from someone who keeps a roof over his head and food on his table by contributing to and profiting from the exploitative health "insurance" industry. You don't value the quality of a life, just that it will still produce premiums. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

We’re not done yet. EPA likely about to be told it can’t regulate carbon emissions and the Biden admin will be told it must enforce a Trump era immigration policy. 

At least my daughters can carry concealed handguns for self defense in the MadMax hellscape they will inherit

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

In for the first non-Christian prayer freakout from Evangelicals.

I would literally pay money to watch this. If there is a Principal/Teacher/Coach who is muslim. Please please please start doing prayers in red states. 

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

Really curious about WV vs EPA from a purely logistical standpoint if they side with WV. If it gets overturned and therefore the bureaucracies cant enact various statutes without legislative oversight, how does that functionally work in practice? Is it going to be semiannual omnibus bills about regs or what?

I agree that the tendency to just let the bureaucracy to develop policy based upon the view of the those nominated by the current administration has made the federal regulations very reactive and shifting depending on who is in office,  but if you restrain the ability to then put it back upon the legislative branch you are now having a bunch of non-experts developing regs...

There needs to be a balance, just not sure how to fix it.