The Supremes

tx 3 putt

37 minutes ago, bolverk said:

In the other case, he led a riled up cabal (yes, I said it) of angry, spiteful sewage spewers who were shitting all over one of our LGBTQ+ sisters. So far as I know, she, an excellent poster btw, has only made one appearance on this site since.

Was unaware of this. Redact my statement yesterday, if true.  She still dips in and out, btw, between bad ass vacations. 

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

fuck you and fuck your fucking feelings.

I wish nothing but the WORST for all current Republicans. You have destroyed this country with your voting habits and your support of lunatic christofascists and your propensity to be duped into believing the dumbest fucking shit ever in the name of an unrelenting thirst for right-wing power.

You are all dead to me. 

Thank U GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I got put on timeout for a week twice, each time, for going after the fucker.

Once, because I stated the name of his church, which he absolutely mentioned on the other site (otherwise, how would I have ever known? I don't live in Houston and have never met him. I wasn't even completely sure I got the name right, but he confirmed it in his response). The second time was for quoting a couple of snippets from that same church's "we believe page" (without mentioning the name of the church) to point out how Johnny's hypocrisy runs contrary to what his place of worship supposedly espouses. Others have posted various accounts of how active his role is in that church.

In both cases, they were in direct response to him making very personal and direct attacks on two separate posters. In the first case, he was being an absolutely toxic misogynist, making fun of the appearance of a female poster suffering through Covid. In the other case, he led a riled up cabal (yes, I said it) of angry, spiteful sewage spewers who were shitting all over one of our LGBTQ+ sisters. So far as I know, she, an excellent poster btw, has only made one appearance on this site since.

The point I'm making is that he likely reported me in both cases (and I took my lumps without complaint) while is somehow treated with kid gloves in spite of the poisonous bile he vomits all over other posters. His celebration last night of an assault on peaceful protesters and this morning's link to a known "fake news" website that spreads Putin's propaganda deserve something.

What's the name of his church? I want to stand outside and protest their terroristic views with an AR and a face mask. You know, since his ilk is cool with that. 

• Hook 'Em 4

We basically have had a 200 year game of Monopoly with the Supreme Court.  Then the Republicans changed the rules on "principle" not once but twice to stack the court.

Minority views are going to rule the United States for a long time, unless folks wake up and realize how fundamentally dangerous the Republican party is to personal freedom of everyone except AR carrying mass murderers.  The only way to fix the court is to expand it, because it is already packed.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Well, if we’re not welcome here then the mods just need to be up front with us and I’ll refrain from posting here. 

You shouldn't be welcome in society at all. Everyone should shun you. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, B00M said:

I think it's outrageous bullshit that the SCOTUS left this up to the states...

What’s outrageous is that for nearly fifty years Congress has failed to codify R v W. By failing to do so, our elected officials have shown an amazing lack of conviction and courage. Instead of making law on behalf of the American people, they chose to ‘punt’ that burden to SCOTUS.

Blame SCOTUS if you will, but the real villain here is the cowards of Congress failing to codify a decision with which a majority of Americans agreed.

4 minutes ago, Cacti said:

What’s outrageous is that for nearly fifty years Congress has failed to codify R v W. By failing to do so, our elected officials have shown an amazing lack of conviction and courage. Instead of making law on behalf of the American people, they chose to ‘punt’ that burden to SCOTUS.

Blame SCOTUS if you will, but the real villain here is the cowards of Congress failing to codify a decision with which a majority of Americans agreed.

That's not how constitutional rights are supposed to work. Congress enacting a law does nothing to protect anyone from Congress revoking it or making a different law. 

• Hook 'Em 2

It’s a two way street and stating that it’s all on him is simply disingenuous. Banning him would send a message to the Republicans on this board, myself included. 

“If I can’t be an abject racist my views are being censored!”

Fuck you and your white victimhood complex.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

You shouldn't be welcome in society at all. Everyone should shun you. 

His post is more evidence of the dogshit character of all Republicans.....

Think of the message it sends to us when you guys are so mean and won't let us spew our sewage on this forum??????!!! 

Meanwhile, the GQP celebrates the end of democracy and plots the next attempted coup while all women in this country have been relegated to second class citizens, kids get savagely murdered in school and the GQP shrugs it shoulders and says AINT NOBODAH TAKIN MAH GUNS..... 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I think I heard that dickhead cop say "I'm trying to protect you" after she shoved what appear to be her press credentials in his face as if he didn't already notice her mic. Where did this take place?

10 minutes ago, Cacti said:

Strongly disagree with this popular sentiment for the simple reason that when you codify an essential human right protected under the Ninth Amendment--the right to bodily autonomy-- you erode its essence and power and allow for that to be taken away by that same process. 

I know this has been pointed out, but I find the lack of completeness and transparency by Thomas really disturbing.  Whether it's pure hubris, a lack of intelligence, or both that lets him believe it's OK to cite Griswold, Lawrence and Obergefell but ignore Loving is not for me to say, but come on.

Obergefell cites Loving 23 times.  If Obergefell is subject to being overturned by SCOTUS, how in the world is Loving not at the same risk?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I think I heard that dickhead cop say "I'm trying to protect you" after she shoved what appear to be her press credentials in his face as if he didn't already notice her mic. Where did this take place?

her bio says Eagle Rock, CA. not sure beyond that

12 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I mean, that's great of them and all, but now women have to ask for time off and submit expense reports for the most deeply personal and private decision of their lives. Because society doesn't already shame them quite enough. Well done, America.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

17 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Congress enacting a law does nothing to protect anyone from Congress revoking it or making a different law. 

That’s true, but as we’ve just seen, SCOTUS can also revoke previous interpretations.

I’d rather take my chances with elected representative, who, to some extent can be influenced, as opposed to appointed decision makers who answer to no one.  

36 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Well, if we’re not welcome here then the mods just need to be up front with us and I’ll refrain from posting here. 

Same.  Until then, I'll just point out to lefty posters that I hate them as much or more than they hate me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 8

37 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

32 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Are you just going to ignore why he is being singled out?

Thirty minutes later and you're still online, so I guess you are.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Same.  Until then, I'll just point out to lefty posters that I hate them as much or more than they hate me.

Everyone is well aware that you only hold hate in your "heart." 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I mean, that's great of them and all, but now women have to ask for time off and submit expense reports for the most deeply personal and private decision of their lives. Because society doesn't already shame them quite enough. Well done, America.

It’s also a terrible precedent that has been happening repeatedly in this country. Corporations leading the way on protecting rights is terrible for the people of this country. They already have undue influence on the actual political process, allowing them to be our thought leaders will only end poorly. They exist for profit not to protect us

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I know this has been pointed out, but I find the lack of completeness and transparency by Thomas really disturbing.  Whether it's pure hubris, a lack of intelligence, or both that lets him believe it's OK to cite Griswold, Lawrence and Obergefell but ignore Loving is not for me to say, but come on.

Obergefell cites Loving 23 times.  If Obergefell is subject to being overturned by SCOTUS, how in the world is Loving not at the same risk?

Thomas: “please don’t throw me in that briar patch. But if you insist, well, . . . bye.”9B631F0C-000E-43F5-8044-B4F2CA24D03B.thumb.jpeg.4858c33672f1c64dfbea2fd24e923c13.jpeg

• Rage+1 1

30 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Who is ‘we’’and ‘us’? 

If you are allied with the new GOP ideology built on lies, hate, voter suppression and science denying-then by all means, go away and post on Texags or Tiger Rant where like minded people are found.   Because even though most of MAGA world believes all the lies, that does not mean they aren’t lies, or that shutting down the spread of lies is some kind of political Jihad against conservatives.  

It’s simply anti-hate and lies. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

What's the name of his church? I want to stand outside and protest their terroristic views with an AR and a face mask. You know, since his ilk is cool with that. 

I have no idea, but my strong guess would be some kind of Baptist church. 

Imo, they are the worst when it comes to sanctimonious hypocrisy. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:

You seem perfectly content with the venom being spewed in my direction. Why am I being held to a different standard? 

because you are an anti-democracy, anti-American GQP jihadist. 

convince us otherwise. your loyalty is to party over country. 

Go fuck yourself. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

I, for one, don’t hate you. I can tell from your posts on other boards that you’re an intelligent guy. If we met in person with no knowledge of surly handles, I imagine we’d get along fine, and that’s probably true of most people here. There are other MAGA types on here that I can say the same for. It’s hard to articulate; pity is probably the closest word.
  • Hook 'Em 2