The Supremes

tx 3 putt

Thomas’ dearest friend.

When my folks lived in Argentina, I found that many of the antique and curio shops had a small selection of Nazi memorabilia - plenty of Nazis ended up there, and the Graf Spee was stripped of lots of valuables before she was scuttled (down to dishware). I found it all fascinating. BUT I DIDN’T BUY ANY OF IT BECAUSE IT WAS FUCKING NAZI SHIT AND I DON’T WANT ANY FUCKING NAZI SHIT IN MY HOME BECAUSE I’M NOT A SICK FUCK.
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

They won’t because they’re cowards, but the Biden administration should immediately release a statement that says this ruling is clearly bullshit and an abuse of power and that they will ignore it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

When my folks lived in Argentina, I found that many of the antique and curio shops had a small selection of Nazi memorabilia - plenty of Nazis ended up there, and the Graf Spee was stripped of lots of valuables before she was scuttled (down to dishware). I found it all fascinating. BUT I DIDN’T BUY ANY OF IT BECAUSE IT WAS FUCKING NAZI SHIT AND I DON’T WANT ANY FUCKING NAZI SHIT IN MY HOME BECAUSE I’M NOT A SICK FUCK.

Bitch I know you got Mengele’s jockstrap hidden in your super secret stash spot (along with Mussolini’s buttplug and Idi Amin’s fuck swing)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Bitch I know you got Mengele’s jockstrap hidden in your super secret stash spot (along with Mussolini’s buttplug and Idi Amin’s fuck swing)

Couldn’t afford Mussolini’s buttplug. Got outbid by a Japanese tycoon.

And actually….on one of our trips, we went over to Paraguay. Ended up eating one afternoon at an Austrian restaurant, run by a cranky old German. We laughed about how the place had a real former Nazi vibe (this was pre-internet days). It was actually unnerving.
Years later, I google the place, wondering. Turns out, the Nazi hunters almost caught Mengele AT THAT PLACE. He jumped from a second floor balcony minutes before they got there. Fucking Nazis, man.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This made me chuckle under my breath this morning. My sister and I got into a bit of a fight yesterday because she thought my recently adopted dobie had run off with one of her yeezys to chew up. (he hadn't) I told her she could find it next to my Hitler Youth knife.

She didn't reply back. I found the shoes in the trash this morning.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Maybe one of the worst things that a Trump presidency did was remove any sort of shame from our leaders. Now the gameplan is deny, do nothing, and just wait it out and it blows over. It's how we get Trump, Santos, and a SC justice who takes millions in travel and thinks it's fine just to wait it out. 

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Young Brisket:

"Play La Marseillaise."

Victor_play_it.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

[goptalkingpointforsundaymorningshows]"IT'S JUST HISTORICAL ITEMS!  HE'S A COLLECTOR!"[/goptalkingpointforsundaymorningshows]

Also, from the article. He has a collection of garden gnomes:

But despite Crow’s discomfort, the reporter did manage to see the garden of dictator statues, describing it as a “historical nod to the facts of man’s inhumanity to man.” Among the figures in the “Garden of Evil” are Lenin and Stalin, Romanian dictator Nicolae Ceausescu, and Yugoslav dictator Josip Broz Tito. 

Edited by Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Walser said:

This made me chuckle under my breath this morning. My sister and I got into a bit of a fight yesterday because she thought my recently adopted dobie had run off with one of her yeezys to chew up. (he hadn't) I told her she could find it next to my Hitler Youth knife.

She didn't reply back. I found the shoes in the trash this morning.

do you and your sister still live at home with your folks? no judgies

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

[goptalkingpointforsundaymorningshows]"IT'S JUST HISTORICAL ITEMS!  HE'S A COLLECTOR!"[/goptalkingpointforsundaymorningshows]

This man can’t be real. He’s a character from a Walter Percy novel. 

37 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

do you and your sister still live at home with your folks? no judgies

Haha, no. My quite a bit younger ne'er do well sister is currently occupying my front guest bedroom. She is about a month away from leaving to go to Houston and finish up a nursing degree.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Walser said:

Haha, no. My quite a bit younger ne'er do well sister is currently occupying my front guest bedroom. She is about a month away from leaving to go to Houston and finish up a nursing degree.

pics ?

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

this guy is a sick fuck 

So I didn’t actually read the article earlier because I had shit to do and the pics of the nazi memorabilia were bad enough, but he’s got a fucking signed copy of mein kampf! Oh I’m sure it’s to remind him of how bad Hitler was, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Not gonna lie, if I were still in the having kids business the next boy would have to be named Broz; and it would definitely be pronounced Bros.

I have a couple of Nazis flags. My grandfather took them from actual Nazis after defeating them. Luger too. 

Anyway, lots of collectors have that kind of stuff. It doesn’t speak to an ideology. Goodness. 

Capturing it is one thing. Hell, point of pride - “I kicked Nazi ass to get this.”
Buying it for your private collection is quite another. That’s fucked in the head.

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Capturing it is one thing. Hell, point of pride - “I kicked Nazi ass to get this.”
Buying it for your private collection is quite another. That’s fucked in the head.

Disagree.  WWII is a obviously a fascinating subject that many are interested in.  And people collect shit from the war.  Would you feel the same if he owned a Rising Sun flag or samurai sword?  Because a shitload of people have those as collectables.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

I have a couple of Nazis flags. My grandfather took them from actual Nazis after defeating them. Luger too. 

Anyway, lots of collectors have that kind of stuff. It doesn’t speak to an ideology. Goodness. 

Do you have a copy of mein kampf signed by Hitler that you paid at a minimum tens of thousands of dollars for at an auction?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

Disagree.  WWII is a obviously a fascinating subject that many are interested in.  And people collect shit from the war.  Would you feel the same if he owned a Rising Sun flag or samurai sword?  Because a shitload of people have those as collectables.

This is an odd flex white knighting for...Harlan Crow.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

As a diehard Astros fan, I also love to collect 2022 Phillies merchandise to display in my house.

If I walk into your house and see Adolf Hitler's teapot, I'm going to assume my Jewish ass is not welcome, and there will be nothing you can say that will convince me otherwise.

If I was being entertained by a museum of Nazi paraphernalia, then I'd start to wonder where the Allied stuff was kept--because that is a testament to the war and not a side.  That's a visible mindset.  The Holocaust museums are testaments to atrocities of this mindset--they go hand in hand.  If people can't see/understand this fucked-up mindset, they're probably also more likely susceptible to it, and its spread.    

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

If I was being entertained by a museum of Nazi paraphernalia, then I'd start to wonder where the Allied stuff was kept--because that is a testament to the war and not a side.  That's a visible mindset.  The Holocaust museums are testaments to atrocities of this mindset--they go hand in hand.  If people can't see/understand this fucked-up mindset, they're probably also more likely susceptible to it, and its spread.    

It's telling that all of Crow's statues of evil left-leaning dictators are in a "Garden of Evil" but the nazi shit is in his office next to a George W. Bush painting.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

35 minutes ago, Foosters said:

We're doing hypotheticals?

Nice. Would you feel the same way if it was revealed that George Soros had been maintaining a deep, long-standing personal friendship with Elena Kagen that included years of undisclosed vacationing together on private jets and private yachts. Sometimes, other major Dem donors accompanied them both.

Then it was revealed that Soros is "fascinated" by Joseph Stalin and had festooned his library with USSR and Stalin memorabilia.

I'm not sure you'd be singing the same tune.

I'm not defending the vacationing.  I'm rolling my eyes at the idea that's he's a Nazi because he has Nazi collectables.

Crow, who i obviously don't know, has fuck you money and basically his own history museum.

He has documents signed by Ponce de Leon, Christopher Columbus, Amerigo Vespucci, George Washington, Robert E Lee, every signer of the Declaration of Independence, every signer of the US Constitution.  Paintings by Peale, Renoir, Monet, Dwight Eisenhower, Winston Churchill and Adolf Hitler.

That's a lot of cool shit, IMO, even though some of it is good guys, some bad guys and some in between.

Y'all have all watched Band of Brothers. When they raid the Eagles Nest and steal Hitler's shit, you don't think some of that would be cool to own?

8 minutes ago, YChang said:

I kinda get the macabre nature of collecting Nazi memorabilia, but at least own up to your fascination of the subject. Which seems like Crow couldn’t do. 

Maybe because its a few items in a vast historical collection?

I'm not defending the vacationing.  I'm rolling my eyes at the idea that's he's a Nazi because he has Nazi collectables.
Crow, who i obviously don't know, has fuck you money and basically his own history museum.
He has documents signed by Ponce de Leon, Christopher Columbus, Amerigo Vespucci, George Washington, Robert E Lee, every signer of the Declaration of Independence, every signer of the US Constitution.  Paintings by Peale, Renoir, Monet, Dwight Eisenhower, Winston Churchill and Adolf Hitler.
That's a lot of cool shit, IMO, even though some of it is good guys, some bad guys and some in between.
Y'all have all watched Band of Brothers. When they raid the Eagles Nest and steal Hitler's shit, you don't think some of that would be cool to own?

Yes….IF I OR SOMEONE IN MY FAMILY CAPTURED IT. A war trophy is really freaking different than buying it as a “collectible.” Fuck buying any evil Hitler shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, YChang said:

I kinda get the macabre nature of collecting Nazi memorabilia, but at least own up to your fascination of the subject. Which seems like Crow couldn’t do. 

Your typical somewhat eccentric WW2 memorabilia collector might have a Luger and like a Wehrmacht jacket or something, along with allied stuff. Hitler's personal teapot and a Hitler-signed copy of mein kampf is, uh, not the same thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Maybe because its a few items in a vast historical collection?

Should have been even easier to explain then. Well, I’m interested in all manners of European history, the good and the bad, blah blah blah

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Your typical somewhat eccentric WW2 memorabilia collector might have a Luger and like a Wehrmacht jacket or something, along with allied stuff. Hitler's personal teapot and a Hitler-signed copy of mein kampf is, uh, not the same thing.

Mmmm… I dunno, rich people collection by nature are different than normal people collections. I’m sure there’s a certain amount of, prestige among his buddies that he paid $$$ for a signed copy of the book.