2019 Wimbledon Championships

spystud13

1 hour ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

I don't think there were more than 5-6 games more in it, to be honest. One way or the other.

I agree, which is why I would've liked to have seen it play out. This was simply an over-reaction to the two Isner matches.

I think the 12 all tiebreak is necessary for the first 6 rounds, but I'm indifferent on whether or not it's needed in the finals. The reason it was implemented was so players who won those long 5 setters wouldn't be severely physically disadvantaged in the next round. The finals, however, have no match afterwards for the winner. So, I see the argument to leave it in there for tournament consistency, but at the same time I wouldn't mind if it were removed from the finals.

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I think the 12 all tiebreak is necessary for the first 6 rounds, but I'm indifferent on whether or not it's needed in the finals. The reason it was implemented was so players who won those long 5 setters wouldn't be severely physically disadvantaged in the next round. The finals, however, have no match afterwards for the winner. So, I see the argument to leave it in there for tournament consistency, but at the same time I wouldn't mind if it were removed from the finals.

After seeing KD blow out an achilles in the playoffs, I just don't want to see a great player such Federer do the same in an extended match.  

Once a match reaches 12 all, the men have in effect already played 6 sets.... that's enough tennis to go to a tie breaker to end the match imo.