Men's fashion. The dumb stuff.

Parliament

7 minutes ago, Parliament said:

(And let's not argue cargo shorts here.  They deserve their own thread.)

Skinny jeans are ubiquitous now, and it's backing in to sweat pants?  I bought some Nike's online and they're tapered.  Roomy up top and tight on my calves.  Dumb. 

All jeans are skinny jeans when you don't skip leg day, bro.

5 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

If you're male & over the age of 6 & still wear this, you probably also eat NY "BBQ" with mayo & beaned up chili.

MORUANCLE-2017-Mens-Short-Denim-Overalls

I remember when these were a thing in the 80s for a a bit.  

Except they weren't shorts and the only person with a mustache like that was Freddy Mercury. 

And we knew what leg day was. 

6 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Yeah there's been a push for sweat pants as normal wear for a few years.  It's bizarro.

Full admission...I've given in to this push. 

I think it has something to do with all these women who started wearing expensive LuLu Lemon workout clothes in every day settings and being able to pull it off with no problem.  Over time, the #metoo men have decided, if our womenz can get by wearing yoga pants, why the fuck can't we wear sweats?  But they can't just be the shitty cheap grey generic sweats, it has to have some design to it.  Then through time, that look has slowly evolved from you can wear it to get coffee on the weekend to you can wear it to get coffee any day to its okay for lunch any day to now pretty much being able to pull it off just about any time and anywhere that isn't too fancy.

So, yeah...I now pretty much wear sweats about 85% of the time I'm in public.  And I stand by it.

Something along these lines...

KT88Hv.png

Or these lines...
emBxgc.png

I'm not hip or cool and I'm pretty conservative when it comes to what I wear.  But I have to admit that I got these sweatpants:

V406-HTG-display.jpg

I don't know if I'll ever wear them in public.  I got them to wear around the house.  But I do notice a lot of younger dudes wearing these everywhere.

4 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Full admission...I've given in to this push. 

I think it has something to do with all these women who started wearing expensive LuLu Lemon workout clothes in every day settings and being able to pull it off with no problem.  Over time, the #metoo men have decided, if our womenz can get by wearing yoga pants, why the fuck can't we wear sweats?  But they can't just be the shitty cheap grey generic sweats, it has to have some design to it.  Then through time, that look has slowly evolved from you can wear it to get coffee on the weekend to you can wear it to get coffee any day to its okay for lunch any day to now pretty much being able to pull it off just about any time and anywhere that isn't too fancy.

So, yeah...I now pretty much wear sweats about 85% of the time I'm in public.  And I stand by it.

Something along these lines...

KT88Hv.png

Or these lines...
emBxgc.png

yeah I cannot wear them shits with the tight bottoms.    Thats some gay looking shit

disclaimer:  i have a pair of tapered-bottom "joggers".  

its nylon/ballistic/tech on the outside.  felt or brushed-lined on the inside.  its tapered to stay close to the skin for warmth.  i wear when the dog needs a late night walk in the wintertime.  or when my ski pants are in the wash.

12 hours ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

I keep trying to make the switch to sweatpants, but I find the crotch just wears out too fast in them.  Any recommendations?

I hear clown pants are a good substitute in that case.