itsdorothysucka

davidg

I've been listening to Dorothy for about a year and a half now and they are one of my favorite bands.  Their first album RockIsDead is a great first effort of Dorothy Martins fantastic voice over fat blues rock riffs.  

Their second album 28 Days in the Valley was released last month, was produced by Linda Perry, and features a new backing band with a mellower 70s sound.  Its definitely a departure from RiD but after a few listens it works really well.

I saw them here in Houston the week before SXSW as they closed out a 3 month headlining tour playing clubs around the US.  They then played several shows at SXSW and have been doing radio spots promoting the album and made a few early spring festival shows.  They announced last week that they are opening for Greta Van Fleet for 10 sold out shows starting May 1st in Houston, then Dallas and Austin the next days.  If you have tickets to GVF,  show up early and you wont be disappointed.

28427166_172754373350551_247790450151260