Mozart in the Jungle

austingirl

This show has been on Amazon for four seasons and I'm just now watching it, and it's awesome, and cannot find anyone else who is also watching it. It has so many funny moments (Maestro's crazy wife's performance art, especially the intro to Season 1, Ep. 9; when they are in Mexico City in Season 2, Ep. 5 and Maestro's friend is helping Warren find his violin, etc), some funnier if you were ever in band or orchestra. Gael Garcia Bernal is fantastic  - his character would be over the top in most actors' hands; Lola Kirke is great (and, to me, looks like a white Rashida Jones in this show); and I'm not generally into women but if I were, Saffron Burrows would be on the list. Oh, and Malcom McDowell's character is great, too, especially beginning in the second season.

I'm only on season 2 and I just heard that the show was cancelled. Sad face. But definitely check it out - the episodes are only 30 minutes and it's an unexpected gem for sure.