Panama Central America

midtown

Finishing up our third week in Panama. We spent the day today just walking around and eating. Had two weeks of immersion courses, which were a great overall. Would highly recommend it if you can ever find the time- Casco Antiguo Spanish school. As for the humidity, suck it up and take a couple cold showers each day.

We spent the majority of our time in Casco Viejo, since that’s where the school is located. 

We’ve had a couple old fashions at Amarla, per @midtown. The first one was great, the second one was pretty good. Drink a caipirinha at the American Bazaar if you can. 

Trying to eat pounds of ceviche. So far the best is at a small restaurant next to the school called the snack shack. Get a mojito there.

Great Peruvian food at Nazca. Get the daily special- it’s $7, or $8 with an app. 

Get an egg sandwich at Sisu. Get a black coffee at Unido. Don’t think the crazy expensive Geisha coffee is worth it. 

Ate breakfast at La Compania hotel most mornings, even though we were staying in Albrook. Five of us consistently split empanadas and coffee for $20 or so. Wonderful staff and beautiful hotel.

Possibly the best, and cheapest, meal that we had was in the fonda at Mercado de San Felipe. Great soup- sancocho. There was also some fish with orange sauce that was great. My kids love getting the fresh juice from the market- plastic jugs full of everything. 

Spent last weekend in the jungle at Gamboa. Easy trip From the city. Headed to the pearl islands in the morning.Hope to do some fishing and reading- if my kids let me. 

IMG_4485.jpeg

IMG_4476.jpeg

IMG_4479.jpeg

IMG_4450.jpeg

IMG_4411.jpeg

IMG_4340.jpeg

Edited by Daichee Bell
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1