LED Retrofit Trim Kits - Halo, Nora, or ?

Tonesky

Our construction project has about 115 recessed light cans.  The builder is about ready to buy and install LED retrofit trim kits. Our job specs call for Halo, with which we were very happy in the old house.  The builder is pushing Nora, because it is what his supplier pushes.  The specs are comparable, other than lumens - Halo is 940; Nora is 1100.  Agreeing to Nora will save about $750.  But, I've never heard of Nora, for which the few reviews I can find are pretty mixed.  Does anyone have experience with Nora LED trim kits?  If it matters, the specific models in question are Halo RL56099S1EWHR and Nora NOXTW-5632WW.

21 hours ago, Tonesky said:

Our construction project has about 115 recessed light cans.  The builder is about ready to buy and install LED retrofit trim kits. Our job specs call for Halo, with which we were very happy in the old house.  The builder is pushing Nora, because it is what his supplier pushes.  The specs are comparable, other than lumens - Halo is 940; Nora is 1100.  Agreeing to Nora will save about $750.  But, I've never heard of Nora, for which the few reviews I can find are pretty mixed.  Does anyone have experience with Nora LED trim kits?  If it matters, the specific models in question are Halo RL56099S1EWHR and Nora NOXTW-5632WW.

I’m in the Electrical Distribution Industry. My company has access to all major lighting manufacturers and we team up with Cooper Lighting Solutions. Both items are comparable in delivered lumens however the RL560 draws 11.4 watts versus 15.5 watts for the Nora. The Cooper unit is more efficient. Bear in mind that both are considered residential grade lighting. You note that your project is utilizing 115 units. Is this a residential or commercial project? If residential, make sure that you have the amperage/circuit breaker capacity to handle the overall draw for all items considered.

We sell to the general public and if you’re interested, I can provide you a price point on the Halo unit. Where is the project in question location wise?

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 10:18 AM, The Original CaliHorn said:

If residential, make sure that you have the amperage/circuit breaker capacity to handle the overall draw for all items considered.

Where is the project in question location wise?

Residential, with 2 200 amp panels. 

SW Houston.