Playlists

jimmyjazz

A very close friend is a new father of twins.  They came very early, and are going through the usual NICU struggles one might expect for babies that were born several months premature.

I told my buddy I'm building them a playlist (and I have all the songs selected) but I honestly don't know what's the best way to deliver such a thing these days?  Back in the dinosaur era, we'd create cassette mix tapes.  Later, we'd burn CDs.  I thought I might make a high-rez lossless CD master so he could store it for safekeeping, but beyond that, what's the best way to deliver an mp3 playlist?  Do I do it via iTunes or on a site like Soundcloud or put it on a flash drive or ???

I hate technology.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

A very close friend is a new father of twins.  They came very early, and are going through the usual NICU struggles one might expect for babies that were born several months premature.

I told my buddy I'm building them a playlist (and I have all the songs selected) but I honestly don't know what's the best way to deliver such a thing these days?  Back in the dinosaur era, we'd create cassette mix tapes.  Later, we'd burn CDs.  I thought I might make a high-rez lossless CD master so he could store it for safekeeping, but beyond that, what's the best way to deliver an mp3 playlist?  Do I do it via iTunes or on a site like Soundcloud or put it on a flash drive or ???

I hate technology.

Sending your friend good thoughts on the health of his twins -

If you both have Itunes, you can do two different things. You can build your own playlist and burn it to a cd like you mentioned. (I do this for my friends or kiddos). That gives them freedom to download it on their computer or play it in their vehicle. You can also make a playlist on Itunes and on each song, click the right arrow and click "gift". You then type in his email address and it is automatically sent to him.

Another option is Spotify. It's super easy and playlists are easy to share. You can basically make a playlist and click "share" and it will be available to your friend on Spotify. You can do all of this on Spotify thru Facebook as well.

Hope that helps

That helps quite a bit, thanks.  Are all of those options available in lossless format?  I know I mentioned mp3, but if I have the source CD/file, I might as well give him both.

Somehow I doubt Soundcloud is compatible with a WAV file or similar.