77 yo dad being robbed blind by a woman he just met

15 hours ago, Reagan1k said:

Get the POA under the guise of long term planning to ensure that you can help if needed....you know.....God forbid anything were to happen.

Then whack him in the head with a 2x4 or throw him down the stairs and call 911.

That'll lay him up for a while so you can use the POA to deal with this bitch.

This right here is the track to take.    More along the lines of end of life planning to put it bluntly.   

Approach him with the what if question about being incapacitated and can't make the decision,  do you want to be put or remain life support?   In fact you should have him sign a  legal document (DNR)  that states his wishes  and then bring out the POA.    Use something like Legal Zoom to get both.   

Edited by Nueces River Rat

18 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

This right here is the track to take.    More along the lines of end of life planning to put it bluntly.   

Approach him with the what if question about being incapacitated and can't make the decision,  do you want to be put or remain life support?   In fact you should have him sign a  legal document (DNR)  that states his wishes  and then bring out the POA.    Use something like Legal Zoom to get both.   

I think I'll use the 2x4 AND push him down the stairs just to make sure. And if he still tries to get up I'll throw the cat at him. 

• Like 1

If she's dealing with a DWI, I'm sure she has plenty of restrictions. I'm also sure she isn't following them. Get my drift?

This. PM me he info if you like and I’ll dig around to see if o can find something that will help your situation.

I’m at the Bell Co. courthouse every day doing lawyer stuff so it’s no big deal to me.

First thing is to verify that she is even who she says, what her criminal history is, how things are going with the pending DWI, if she is on the special “rocket docket” which is highly monitored, etc.

I won’t go into anymore detail outside of PM, but there’s a decent chance we can ruin her efforts without breaking any laws, bar rules, etc.

ETA: I should have noted that the FIRST thing that I would do would be verify that this woman is NOT one of my clients. The info you’ve given doesn’t seem to check the boxes for any of my clients though.