LSU Play Breakdowns

JBJ

Eagles Soars

LSU appears to be in Quarters with a Special call to our trips side.  I say appears because that's not how you do it, LSU.  But the important thing is that the LSU CB (Flott #25) has Eagles in fixed man coverage and makes it obvious presnap.

We are running Verticals, Ingram has a "Sneak" route.  Everyone was open, but the throw was predetermined.  Flott is someone we wanted to abuse with our big wideouts.  Good ball placement, good catch.

spacer.png

Shark Nips

This a good example of how Orlando simulates pressure rather than blitzes.  Note the personnel as well.  Roach, Shark, Ossai, and 8 DBs.  Weird coverage, if there were more breaking routes I might be able to tell you what we are doing here.  It is some sort of match quarters built for empty sets.

Sharks's real goal here is to wash down the OLine to occupy blockers for Brandon Jones and BJ Foster's pressure.  BJ gets "blocked" by the guard, so that doesn't happen.  But Shark keeps separation and gets his mitt up.  Ossai grabs it out of the air.

spacer.png

Don't worry, I'll have some bad plays later.

• Like 4