Gaming consoles for exercise

I'm sure this has been discussed as much as the new laptop/tablet threads, but I can't find it.  Seems like all the players now do this after WII was kind of the pioneer? 

My deal is, I don't really play video games, I do real exercise outside, but I'd like something at home that gets my heart rate up a little and is fun to play. Tennis, boxing, whatever I'm sure there are a million games. So I don't need to be linking up with the rest of the world to go into virtual battle. It's just me. I live alone and don't plan to sit around with friends playing this stuff (I don't think).

I have no idea what my best option is here. 400 dollars seems a bit much to want to play some tennis a coupe times a week. Plus I don't know what all equipment I need. I see some use the controllers, Xbox? has some sort of kinetic sensor?

I'll spend the money if that's what it takes, but without needing a bunch of the geeker stuff, can't I keep the price down some?