Internet Car Insurance

Okay, time to renew. My bare-boned rates dropped a few bucks, but not liking the $60 Costco membership that I really don't need (family member has one). Talked to Farm Bureau. They have a $45 membership fee. Can anyone recommend an online service - that they've actually used or a friend uses? Insurancepanda.com, for example. Are these sites trustworthy? Extra fees? etc.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

FYI. Tried Insurancepanda. It collects all your information - all of it (home address, driving record, etc), except phone number, and transfers it to the carrier you select (i.e., it doesn't compare rates at all), which in turn wants your phone number, drivers license number and no doubt will ask you more questions about coverage etc. Then they can fill your mailbox, inbox and voicemail with advertisements. In the end, I suspect they'll give you a rate that is competitive, if that, or they'll transfer your information to someone from that carrier who will call you (which is probably more likely since in the end, you will need a contact you can talk to if you ever have a problem). Bottom line, panda was a complete waste of time. I suppose I could go thru the process with each of their "clients", compare rates, and save a few dollars, but it looks to me like the best bet is finding an independent agent who represents a dozen or more companies, which is the path I'm taking this morning.