Harmony Smart Hub

Anyone use one of these? I'm having a fair amount of trouble with the one I have. Here's what I have running:

Panasonic plasma TV 

Denon AVR-X1400h receiver

AT&T U-verse DVR

AppleTV 2nd gen

Playstation 3 (only still around for the sake of rare Blu-ray usage)

My internet is AT&T U-verse, which comes with its own wifi gateway. From that gateway (which is shitty), I have a Linksys AC1750 router that broadcasts separate 2.4 and 5 GHz networks. My Denon receiver, AppleTV, and PS3 are all hard-wired into the Linksys router so they do not rely on wifi but are discoverable on either the 2.4 or 5 GHz networks. The connection seems fast and reliable for all of these devices as well as laptops and phones connected to wifi.

When I first got the Harmony Smart Hub (several months old now), it was on the Linksys 2.4 GHz network. It will not do 5 GHz apparently. Things worked fine for a bit, but then it started to be erratic, frequently over-pushing certain commands. For instance, scrolling up in the guide would go up 5 channels instead of 1. Changing the volume would result in a runaway volume up or down, which is beyond annoying. I tried resetting the hub to no avail. Tried reprogramming all devices and activities from scratch. No luck. Finally called Harmony and they said it sounded like defective hardware so they sent me a replacement. Problem is, the replacement did the same thing.

Eventually I got the idea to set the Harmony Hub onto the AT&T gateway's wifi network, which is always broadcast but never used. It seemed to fix the problem for a while, so maybe Harmony and Linksys didn't like each other. Things were good for a few weeks until the neighborhood had a long power outage, then the Harmony remote has been in a bad mood ever since. It took me a long time to get it to join the AT&T gateway's wifi (not sure if the hub didn't recognize the gateway or vice versa). Finally got it set up but all the bugginess of multiple button pushes has returned, so that problem seems inescapable. It makes the remote almost unusable, but I don't know of another good smart universal remote to replace it with.

I could call Harmony again but they seem kinda clueless. Does anyone else have this remote and does it have similar problems, or am I just bad luck? Any ideas on what I might do to fix this?

Edited by wild_turkey

I have several non related things running off my hub and have no problems now with both IR, RF and Bluetooth (fire TV) commands. I think I had a similar problem to yours about 5 months ago and basically had to delete all the devices, re-enter and rebuild commands. Sucked but at least the online interface helped. Good luck.