UK Golf trip

936horn

Pops and I are heading across the pond next summer for a golf trip. Length of stay TBD, but I would guess maybe 5 days? Certainly will do St Andrews, Royal Troon. I'm also thinking Muirfield as well, but outside of that I would love to hear from someone who has done a similar trip. I've been to Ireland (but not for golf) and know that N.I. especially has some great courses, but just don't know if it's worth the hassle hopping across the Irish Sea.

Outside of StA, Troon, Muirfield, Carnoustie, what are some other courses I'm not thinking of?

I would do at least 7 days.  My personal favorites are Gleneagles (best golf resort in Scotland) and they even have a golf academy if you want a lesson.  The King's course at Gleneagles is awesome.  Got to hit St. Andrew's and play the old course if you can get on but the Castle course at St. Andrew's is one of my favorites.  Turnberry is plain stunning.  I love the ocean and you can see the ocean from virtually every hole at Kingsbarns.  Loch Lomond is amazing.  You cant really go wrong but those will keep you busy.