YouTube: movie reactions

mchookem

pure time waster...but i sometimes end up down a rabbit hole watching those vids where people are reacting to various things.

most are boring, but sometimes they are educational/interesting (i.e. classically trained musicians react to Danny Carey live), amusing/snarky (that high end chef reacting to terrible home cooks: "hideous, 2 out of 10...i'd eat it. fuck, i hate myself."), and sometimes just really fun...

was watching some earlier today and this one was just a blast...

i think i enjoy these in particular bc they remind me of what it felt like to watch these movies for the first time. their reactions are so fun and genuine that you get caught up in remembering how fucking awesome it was walking out of the theater 😄 or how mindblowing the climax was, how you end up thinking about it for days after...or going back and watching it again.

the viewers are almost always young (millennials, genZ), and these movies are so much a part of the zeitgeist fabric for specific times and places in my life that i forget that there are whole generations of people that actually haven't seen Pulp Fiction, or Se7en, Usual Suspects, Sixth Sense, Heat, and so on.

anyway...PF was such a groundbreaking inflection point in American cinema... this particular scene was really a joy to watch so thought i'd share 😊

lol at "who the fuck is Fonzie?!" and "oh hell naw...i'm with Vince!"

Just watched Pulp Fiction with the entire family at the Fort Worth Rooftop Theater last weekend. It was glorious. If you are in the area - that place is great. They play great movies 2-3 times a day everyday.

Next weekend we were looking at Dirty Dancing, Almost Famous, and The Menu as a triple feature. You can basically set up camp and leave and go eat or get a drink and come back.

Posted (edited)

I'm a fan of reaction content. It's a way of enjoying some of your favorite movies/shows again, vicariously through the reactors and their first time watching.  Obviously there's a proliferation of that content on YT so some will better than others, depending on the personality of the reactor.

Edited by LonghornSean