Tom Herman the man ===> TH the coach

sushihorn

On October 11, 2018 at 2:46 PM, Lhorn said:

I agree with this completely.  The "he's arrogant" thing is way overblown.  The only time I've seen him look arrogant is when fielding pointed or hard to answer questions (like "why'd you lose? kinda hard questions).  I think he's a guy who has a very firm idea of what he wants his program to look like and when he doesn't get the results he wants (Maryland), it's hard to say why and look contrite to satisfy the people who then want him fired.  I think there's some uncomfortableness in his public speaking and parsing of words that comes off as bitchy.  Kinda like the way he corrected the guy who mispronounced L'il [Jordan]; he then apologized because he recognized it looked bitchy.  

I really like the changes from year one.  Year one was changing the attitude of the program by beating the fuck out of each other during summer camp at the expense of injuries.  Year two he clearly took it easy when appropriate to minimize injuries.  Year one was tough love and shame when appropriate with shitty breakfast for poor performers and loafer shirts.  Year two, it's clear that he's cultivating a brotherhood amongst the players. "Fight hard for the guy next to you" which I think it really paying off.

He's a work in progress and is pulling the right strings right now.

"Fight hard for the guy next to you" is corny, but in sport, if you have the right guys it can work for the benefit of the team.

Hook em!