Bumblebee

ajax

tl;dr - it's good, really really good. Go see it if you haven't yet.

Here is the director of Bumblebee, Chilly Tee, otherwise known as Phil Knight's kid.

In addition to spittin' rhymes, he knows how to make big blockbuster movies. I complained in my review of Aquaman that DC's doesn't know how to let their movies breathe. Well, Chilly Tee knows how to make a big movie and let it breathe.

He made a movie about giant robots fighting each other yet it's a film full of great performances (especially by Hailee Steinfeld), and some really touching moments. You really care about the plot involving her and her dad. And here's a big plus - the action scenes are shot wide so you can see all the action. No shaky cam, no frenetic quit cuts where you can't tell what's going on.

It's basically a remake of ET (Speilberg executive produced) but that's not a bad thing. It's currently doing worse at the box office than all the other Transformers movies but it is by far the best movie. I think Chilly Tee is gonna go on to make some great action movies.