Shared calendars

I use the iPhone calendar app for most things, which includes my personal calendars (dinner reservations, doctor appts, etc), shared calendars for work, and shared personal calendars. I can also log into calendar.google.com to view the calendars that are tied into my google account, but I rarely do that.

The issue here is that both the iPhone and Google combine multiple calendars, each with their own color code, then it becomes cluttered and confusing to view them simultaneously. For instance, personal events are green, holidays are blue, etc.

That works for me individually, but suppose I want to create a new calendar with different types of events and share it with 3 other people. Then I want each of those events to have their own color code for easy visibility. Whether that's done through Google or iCloud, it gets overlayed on all of my existing (and their existing) calendars and it's no longer easy to view. Is there an easy way to approach this or do I need to find a 3rd party service and keep it totally separate?