Saint John, US Virgin Islands

hookem2010

Looking to spend a week here in May with the wife. From what I can tell online, it seems like the island has largely recovered from the 2017 hurricanes. I've got an airbnb on the south side of the island in Fish Bay. Any recs on restaurants/bars? I know we will have to drive into Cruz and Coral Bay for that. We also plan on doing some snorkeling. Any tours or specific areas of the island to do that?

I'm interested in doing a half-day fishing charter as well, but don't necessarily want to pay the full price for just 2 people. Anyone know anything about trying to book a shared charter with another small group?

Trunk Bay has an area set aside for snorkeling that’s nice and it’s a beautiful beach. 

Ive been to St. John and the BVI a ton and I have not once heard of anyone doing a fishing charter.  You can do some island hopping and day drinking. Rockhoppin is great. Ask if the short bastard Captain Steve is available and tell the little fucker King Bill says hey. 

A day trip to Jost Van Dyke and White Bay is a must.  There’s always the Willie T on Norman island which is probably the raunchiest floating bar in the world.  

I don’t know how the ferry schedules are.  Last year they were still short on ferries so the schedule was whacked. 

1 hour ago, VABuckeye said:

Ive been to St. John and the BVI a ton and I have not once heard of anyone doing a fishing charter.  

Some of the best marlin fishing in the world is during the summer at the North Drop just offshore of st thomas. I would assume a boat fishing out of st john would fish the same area.