BNB

Holistic Medicine, Chiropractor,Acupuncture, Hypnosis?

Posted (edited)

Has anyone done any of these?  I would like to hear your thoughts and experiences, and if you have any suggestions in Austin on places to go.

I have given up on traditional medicine.

I went to https://www.austinholisticdr.com/ This holistic Dr. today.  

It was an interesting experience, they gave me a bunch of supplements and tests to have done. (PH, Candida,  Stool DNA, Blood)

They offer Chiropractic and Acupuncture there, that I will try next session. 

I looked to see if Ricky had a practice :)

Thanks!

Edited by BNB

Posted (edited)

I'm already noticing a difference with the supplements I was given and the detox/diet after a couple of days.

I am already noticing better bowl movements, less anxiety, and more energy.

I suffer from Depression/Anxiety/GI issues/Skin issues

I had spent way to much time and money at the gastroligist and psychiatrist and on medicine that hasn't worked.

No one ever recommended Alternative medicine, supplements, doing a detox.  They didn't have me do most of the tests above.

I am doing a detox right now and taking :

Repairvite for my gut.

https://www.amazon.com/Apex-Energetics-K-60-REPAIRVITE-173g/dp/B00CBYAYXG

Pro GAD Enhancer for Depression/Anxiety/Mood

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-GAD-Enhancer-Capsules-Neurobiologix/dp/B07TK3F95T/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=pro+gad&qid=1593020811&s=hpc&sr=1-2

Drenamin for depression/anxiety/mood/energy

https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Process-Production-Antioxidant-Riboflavin/dp/B002D2W1LY/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=dremamin&qid=1593020889&s=hpc&sr=1-3

EnzymixPro for my gut.

https://www.amazon.com/Apex-Energetics-Adaptocrine-K-2-Capsules/dp/B007RP9Y62/ref=sr_1_2?crid=OTFJ6X6P2UF5&dchild=1&keywords=enzymixpro&qid=1593024061&s=hpc&sprefix=enzymix%2Chpc%2C173&sr=1-2

I got them all from the Holistic Dr. , reading the reviews on amazon, it seems like they all have something to do with GI/Mood/Anxiety.

This doc seems to know what he is doing as far as supplements and what we talked about.  The patient intake form was like 16 pages long.  Most thorough of any other DR. I had been to.

Looking forward to my first chiropractic session in a couple of weeks to help with this also.

Edited by BNB

There was a thread on TOS about chiro.  In my experience, it works well when I tweak something in my back.  I go and get it popped and I'm usually good to go again after a visit or maybe 2.  In rare cases, my chiro has also done accupuncture when trying to get a knot out of my back.  It hurt, but again, it worked.  I probably go to the chiro anywhere from 0-4 times per year.

I think the chiros that tell you that you need to come every couple of weeks for maintenance are quacks.  Find a good one and they are worth it.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

There was a thread on TOS about chiro.  In my experience, it works well when I tweak something in my back.  I go and get it popped and I'm usually good to go again after a visit or maybe 2.  In rare cases, my chiro has also done accupuncture when trying to get a knot out of my back.  It hurt, but again, it worked.  I probably go to the chiro anywhere from 0-4 times per year.

I think the chiros that tell you that you need to come every couple of weeks for maintenance are quacks.  Find a good one and they are worth it.

Yeah, I guess thats what I like about this place, is it is a total "Wellness" center.   I will see how often he wants me to come for Chiro treatment.

I am just learning about Chiro, I remember my roommate in college going whenever he had sinus issues, and I was like wtf, but after reading more up on it, it is very interesting, how they say your spinal column is connected to your brain and can affect so many parts of the body.

I've only had a massage once in my life.  I used to stand up and twist and be able to crack my back when I was in my youth, remembering how good that felt.  We will see.  I am optimistic, and willing to do/try  anything to cure my ailments.

Edited by BNB

A lot of chiros go deep down the supplement/wellness rabbit hole, too.  I tend to avoid them.  They always want to sell you something.  I just want to get my neck/back fixed up and I'll be on my way.

Posted (edited)

I did have a hip replaced when I was 35 due to Avascular Necrosis and I remember the Dr. couldn't believe it took me that long to come in. 

So, I think I have a high thresh hold for physical pain. 

After I had the surgery I walked into the Dr's office with a cane a week later(and I didn't even feel I needed that) and everyone in the office couldn't believe it.  He got mad and said I needed to stay on the crutches.  

My back and other hip don't feel great at 47 now.  I have probably needed it for awhile.

Edited by BNB

I did have a hip replaced when I was 35 due to Avascular Necrosis and I remember the Dr. couldn't believe it took me that long to come in. 
So, I think I have a high thresh hold for physical pain. 
After I had the surgery I walked into the Dr's office with a cane a week later(and I didn't even feel I needed that) and everyone in the office couldn't believe it.  He got mad and said I needed to stay on the crutches.  
 My back and other hip don't feel great at 47 now.  I have probably needed it for awhile.
For someone like you, i could see needing regular adjustments. I know my Doc, who does not push that stuff, says he has several patients who come in weekly or every other week. Otherwise they can't walk.

I've long thought about doing this. I'm interested to see how it works for you