The Watch (Discworld based TV Show) - BBC America

MillerEP

I'm probably one of the biggest Terry Pratchett fans, I grew up on his books, and I have spent a lot of money and time accumulating everything I can get my hands on. So of course I'm down for this. This is based off the Discworld Night Watch/City Watch line of books. Started last week, I watched the first episode, it's very British, and they take some liberties (But that's par for the course for BBC.) Still reserving judgement for a couple more episodes.

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 1

Celebrate his entire catalog, have all of his books, been working my way towards getting a whole collection of hardcovers. I got to see him in person at a signing, and then skipped his Monstrous Regiment signing at Book People here in Austin, thinking I'd get another chance.

I really wish somebody would just do his whole universe, but I'll happily give this a shot.

And also hope we will eventually get more Douglas Adams, and toss in the Callahan's Crosstime Saloon.

Really enjoyed most of the Discworld series, until it got so utterly formulaic at the end. This looks promising, even though collapsing the entirety of the Watch books into a television series will grate on me as a book fan.  Discworld deserves an MCU.

• Drool 1