Stupid Question: Will this be Texas’ hottest game ever?

GreenspointTexas

Not with a 6:30 kick.  It will be hot at the beginning but cool off throughout the game.  11:00 and especially 2:30 kicks are the worst as it is broiling through the whole game.
Two that I remember as being especially hot while I was a student were Stanford 1999 and ULaLa 2000.  The box scores show only mid-80s at kick for both but the highs those days in Austin were 97 and 99.  Earlier the week of that ULaLa game were the two all-time highest temperatures recorded in Austin, 108 and 110.
Historical high temperatures for Austin can be looked up here:
http://api.wunderground.com/history/airport/KATT/1999/9/4/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Austin&req_state=TX&req_statename=&reqdb.zip=78735&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999
ULaLa 2000 was terrible. 11am start I think and by the time the 2nd half started we'd been in the sun for almost 3 hours already. No wind. Humid. A month later in Dallas it was cold and raining. What a difference a month makes.

I was there. Just got out of cast on compound fractured leg, so sat in west stands.  Full moon rose after dark if memory is not faulty for one reason or another.

Yep, was a full moon. It affected the Feet, toes, pineal gland.

Pineal gland?

That explains a whole lot about what happened.

It must not have come up too early because it was pitch black when ZZ Top began their set with The Eyes of Texas on an electric banjo at 4 billion decibles. Crowd went crazy. When moon did come up it was ORANGE! FUCK YEAH!

Too bad they didn't record that concert. Poor fucking whippersnappers whining about the heat don't know what they missed.

Oh and if you want to become heat resistant come be a parking cast member at WDW in the summer. 98 degree temp, 99% humidity, 110+ in the lot on the assfault bout 2pm. Melt your goddamn shoes. Fuck directing traffic gimmie that tram driver or spieler job. Driver had ac, execpt when ya didnt and it got to 130 in the cab, and spieler had breeze.

I worked 40 years in IT in ac, heat would kill me. After 3 years in the lot fuck heat. I like to mow in the afternoon when it's 95, sweat like a motherfucker but the heat don't bother me. And then into the pool with a beer.