Google Fiber Install Placement

Planning to get Google Fiber installed.  It's still at the curb, so need to figure out where on my house to have it drilled and attached.  And where the trench is dug.

I'm assuming the inside device is placed directly opposite the outside box?  The inside device attached ethernet cable to the router?  Does the inside device need to be near an outlet?  Is there a distance limitation for this cable?  Does their router have at least five ports?

Living room with all it's electronics is nearer the street, spare bedroom with all my computer junk is twice as far at the near of the house.  House is wired with CAT5e with all the cables terminating in that "computer room". 

So, I can have them drill at the back of the house, with their router back there and everything will be like it's currently distributed.  Drill at the front of the house, use one of my installed cables to send the signal to the back of the house and place the router there.  Place all their equipment at the front, send the signal to the back using one of my built in cables and then a switch for all my PC?

Googling shows old and new hardware, I don't know what they are currently using?

Yes, They run a fiber cable, the box is just a coupler on the wall. Then They Basically give you a router, It need an electric plug, It will plug into the jack with an ethernet cable, so it can be as long as you want.

That's all I got :)  I've had them since they came out in 78704 (first after downtown)  , I've never had it go down.

Good luck

Edited by William Wallace