Mental Health Resource Fair - 9/11 Remembrance

Lidig8r

I am still so sorry for your loss of your baby girl.  Thank you for trying to do something positive in all of the fog and sorrow.  Everything you can do is a step in the right direction and all of us dads of daughters walk in your shadow.  

I'm nowhere near Addison but if I can help connect you and your efforts with the School of Social Work at UT-Arlington.....please let me know.  I've got some connectivity there and maybe they can be a long-term partner going forward.  They do incredible work and can focus efforts.  

Best wishes on your event this weekend.  God Bless.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I am still so sorry for your loss of your baby girl.  Thank you for trying to do something positive in all of the fog and sorrow.  Everything you can do is a step in the right direction and all of us dads of daughters walk in your shadow.  

I'm nowhere near Addison but if I can help connect you and your efforts with the School of Social Work at UT-Arlington.....please let me know.  I've got some connectivity there and maybe they can be a long-term partner going forward.  They do incredible work and can focus efforts.  

Best wishes on your event this weekend.  God Bless.  

Lobo, that would be wonderful!  My email address is steven@dunnlawfirm.net. Would be incredible to get them involved. Mental health issues on our college campuses are skyrocketing.

i don't know you @Lidig8r but i recall your story vividly...and i have thought about you specifically many, many times the past 5 years...

my niece is what i suppose you could call 'in recovery' from anorexia..but only by a few months right now. the past 5 years have been quite harrowing and i don't know how it makes you feel to hear this but i have referred to your story many times with her as a means to get her to understand what she was doing to her body.

i hope that doesn't upset you to read that as that's obviously not my intent. i just thought you should know that your story is personally very relatable to me and i have used it to try and help my family. 

i wish i had had the nerve to reach out to you before, bc we encountered many difficulties and roadblocks at various points when seeking treatment and it sounds like you are all too familiar with all that. 

so...i am so incredibly sorry for your loss but i have felt an odd 'connection' to your story from the start. good bless you for trying to help others.

• Hook 'Em 1

I love the mental health resource fair idea.  You sound like a great father.  Keep up the great work - it makes a difference!

We lost my niece last December (different circumstances), and my sister has responded in similar fashion by channeling her grief into helping others.  She has a bill being introduced to Congress this month that she has busted her ass to get sponsored.  

• Like 2

This is an "Almost Final" list of Exhibitors who will be appearing. Everything from eating disorders to Veteran's Mental Health Needs, Patriot Paws, Suicide Prevention, counselors, therapists, organizations with resources. We started putting this together in May ... Not May of last year, but this year. We were told it would not be possible. The generous hearts of volunteers overwhelm me!

Exhibitors Board FINAL-page-001.jpg

Sorry for the delay.  These big schools move slow.  But please post how it goes this weekend and any other thoughts/feedback and I'll get you with these folks at UT-Arlington who have an outreach program in this space already, but could very nicely compliment your work (plus they bring  capital and a workforce).  I think you'd make a very effective team.  Again, this is a great thing you're doing, all the best this weekend and beyond.  Hope I can help a bit.  God bless.