2019 TE Jared Wiley

21 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I honestly look at Wiley and see the epitome of the issues at Texas. He has the talent and he looks good with the ball in his hands. When asked to do something outside of that, he shows a lack of commitment. Just another guy that has little interest in doing the little things that help the team. He is definitely not alone in that area. 

OU needs TE in the worst way. Amongst the options in the portal, he's at or near the top.

I doubt you'll see many players cross the OU-UT divide (Don't do it Marvin!), and Wiley probably won't, but I wonder what OU could do with him.

3 minutes ago, quigley said:

OU needs TE in the worst way. Amongst the options in the portal, he's at or near the top.

I doubt you'll see many players cross the OU-UT divide (Don't do it Marvin!), and Wiley probably won't, but I wonder what OU could do with him.

It’s really up to him. He is talented, but at times it’s seemed he had no interest in blocking. That is a big red flag. If he changes his mental approach, he would be a great pickup. 

8 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

It’s really up to him. He is talented, but at times it’s seemed he had no interest in blocking. That is a big red flag. If he changes his mental approach, he would be a great pickup. 

I'm wondering if it's a Charleston Rambo situation. Rambo is a guy who couldn't put it together at OU, but became a true #1 receiver at Miami. Sometime the dose of humility that comes with the change of scenery is therapeutic.