Warhammer 40K Gladius

Hozz

Bought this a while back but only getting around to playing it now.  Pretty great game.  Think Civ set in Warhammer 40K universe minus diplomacy of course.  A lot of the factions are paywalled (and not cheap at $15 a pop), so that sucks if you are interested in one of those but the base game comes with 4-5 factions and they all play pretty differently.  It occurs to me that there are a lot of really well done Warhammer/Warhammer 40K games on the PC.  I can't say I am familiar with the setting outside of the PC games but man I own like 6-7 of them without being a fan of the lore.

I have it, I would hazard a bit by saying it's Civ set in Warhammer 40K. It's much more closely aligned to a Paradox game than a Firaxis game. It's got some good parts, but I don't want anyone wasting a ton of money expecting it to be one thing, when it's not.

Hozz, have you tried Total War: Warhammer 2/3? Those are great games and really embrace what makes the tabletop game fun.

I should have clarified by saying its Civ-like set to domination victory condition with a lot more units.  Even then there is a way to win the game without killing everyone via the faction quest lines.  Also while it is a $40 title normally I got it for $9 and change during one of the Steam sales.  I will try almost anything at that price point.

I have Total War Warhammer 2.  I like the idea of the Total War franchise and I have probably 3-4 of them.  I really hate real time combat (or RPGs or Paradox strategy games) though so Warhammer 2 was probably my last one.  I saw Warhammer 3 came out recently and gave it a look but passed.

I looked into how many officially licensed Warhammer 40K games there are and holy shit it has to be more than any other franchise.  They have been making them since the late 90s and there are multiple games a year most years.

• 1 year later...