Trying - Apple TV+

Dignan

Just thought I'd share about this lovely show. If you are looking for something that is easy to watch, has great characters and is a "feel good" show, watch Trying on Apple TV+. I saw a TikTok or something about it a few months ago so the wife and I decided to give it a shot. We are almost done with the first 3 seasons (that is all there is for now) and it is WONDERFUL.

HOPEFULLY NO REAL SPOILERS..YOU CAN SEE THIS ON THE TRAILER:

The premise is two 30-somethings in London are wanting to have a child, but cannot, so they explore the possibility of adoption. It sounds "deep", but the show really does a beautiful job of taking a serious matter and making it..."light", although it can pull at your heart strings. Esther Smith and Rafe Spall (haven't seen them in anything before) are the two main characters and they are perfect. Their chemistry/humor is charming. The show also has a handful of recurring characters that are wonderful. It reminds me of Ted Lasso in that way. The two sets of parents of the couple, the sister, the brother in law, the best friends, the social worker....all of them are interesting/great in some way. The eps are 35 minutes long and very easy to watch. It is "cleaner" than Ted Lasso, not a lot of cussing, no real sex scenes, etc. if you are wondering. Just like Lasso, this show can make you laugh, cry and everything in between. 

I cannot say enough about how wonderful this show is and am sad that we are almost through with it. I did see that Season 4 is approved which brings me joy. :) Y'all check it out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

we watched this when it first came out and weekly until it ended - we loved it.  highly recommend.  rafe spall (the husband) is great and might look familiar as one of mark baum's (steve carrell's) team in the big short, along with a largely unknown jeremy strong.

there are a lot of other familiar faces.  the best friend in the first couple seasons left the show to star in minx (ophelia lovibond).  the adoption lady went on to play the queen in the final 2 seasons of the crown.  rafe's dad in the show was great in poldark (if you're a poldark fan).  even dr sharon fieldstone from ted lasso pops up in a couple of episodes.