9.95ers, Stars, Rankings, and who actually makes it to the League

I thought this video was pretty interesting and very well done. These YouTubers are getting pretty good with respect to their video chops. Lots of good snippets of Longhorns, too.

Question: do high school football recruiting rankings accurately predict NFL success?

Among the conclusions:

1) 13% of 5-star recruits ended up being All- Pros
2) Timewise, the further away from high school graduation the less accurate the star rankings become
3) In terms of the ability to predict future super greatness, it's harder to predict with football than with almost any other sport (makes sense if you ponder it)
4) Some positions are much easier to predict. 70% of All-Pro running backs were predicted to play in the NFL when they left high school. This is the highest among position groups

5) WR are also easy to predict. Objective measurments (speed, strength) were highly correlated to future success.
6) Of the 31 All-Pro Qbs since 2012, 25 of them were not expected by the 9.95ers to reach the NFL.

and so on and so on.

I just liked this dude's presentation and I'm tired of reading about who might be Ketchum and there's not much else happening so if you feel like it take a look and tell me what you think.

• Hook 'Em 9

37 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I thought this video was pretty interesting and very well done. These YouTubers are getting pretty good with respect to their video chops. Lots of good snippets of Longhorns, too.

Question: do high school football recruiting rankings accurately predict NFL success?

Among the conclusions:

1) 13% of 5-star recruits ended up being All- Pros
2) Timewise, the further away from high school graduation the less accurate the star rankings become
3) In terms of the ability to predict future super greatness, it's harder to predict with football than with almost any other sport (makes sense if you ponder it)
4) Some positions are much easier to predict. 70% of All-Pro running backs were predicted to play in the NFL when they left high school. This is the highest among position groups

5) WR are also easy to predict. Objective measurments (speed, strength) were highly correlated to future success.
6) Of the 31 All-Pro Qbs since 2012, 25 of them were not expected by the 9.95ers to reach the NFL.

and so on and so on.

I just liked this dude's presentation and I'm tired of reading about who might be Ketchum and there's not much else happening so if you feel like it take a look and tell me what you think.

This guy's YT channel is great.

48 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

This guy's YT channel is great.

Agreed. I had never seen it before and just geeked out. His observations regarding Linebackers being so hard to project was very surprising to me but, after I thought about it, it made sense.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus