Perfect Days

Posted (edited)

I am not sure that telling anyone to rush out and watch a film that has a main character who cleans toilets in Tokyo will get anyone to watch it. That isn’t the point of the film though. I suggested this movie to someone on this site because you cannot help but feel good after seeing it. It stars Koji Yakusho as Hirayama and he has minimal dialogue. His facial reactions to things that happen in his day make this film beyond amazing to watch and so uplifting. He is content with his life and I find myself identifying with many of the characteristics his character portrays in this wonderful movie. It’s two hours of a thoroughly great movie-going experience. I have watched it more than once and I enjoy it more each time and see something new as well when I see it again. Highly recommend this movie.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 2

I watched this interview with Yakusho. I need to go and find some of his other movies and watch them. This was a really cool interview. He has said before his English has never been good enough to make it into American film so it’s got subtitles. He comes across as really thoughtful and nice and appreciative of getting to work with the director Wim Wenders.