Smart Watches

BNB

I finally took the plunge.  I was waiting impatiently for years.  I wanted one that would last awhile and not one day.

The new Samsung Watch is supposed to last 4+ days.

What I read to make my decision:

S3 vs New Watch :

Waterproof(in the pool a lot), longer battery, bixby(better voice sw).  They got rid of MGT or whatever to scan your watch on a card reader, but most places use NFC now it seems. I can always use my phone for that.  (I just started using Samsung Pay.  Wow, so much easier than getting your card out and inserting it and waiting. It is automatic, looking forward to just holding down a button on my watch and paying.).

I read about wear os vs Tizen.  I may change my mind if a Pixel watch comes out, but the Samsung is supposed to be the best right now(non apple).

Very cool you can duplicate famous watches by downloading faces.  I'm still reading up on everything on how to do this.  

I plan on making a custom longhorn face with just date, weather, and maybe steps/calories in a classic face.

Anyone have any longhorn face they use?  The ones I have found are pretty bad.  

What other faces do you have?  I'll put pics on the ones I install once I figure it all out.

From what I have seen https://www.watchfaces.be/ is a great place to find designer faces. 

That's all I got for now....

Love my Apple Watch, really impressed with the new Samsung Watch battery, but doesn't really matter to me. I charge overnight when sleeping. So wouldn't really notice a difference, but I am all for more battery life. I have read that it is ridiculously big, but haven't seen one. Is it that big? 

Edited by Lobwedgephil

11 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Love my Apple Watch, really impressed with the new Samsung Watch battery, but doesn't really matter to me. I charge overnight when sleeping. So wouldn't really notice a difference, but I am all for more battery life. I have read that it is ridiculously big, but haven't seen one. Is it that big? 

Yeah, the Apple seems great, but I didn't want to cross platforms (even though it's Tizen or Android Wear vs IOS, so it shouldn't matter.)

They offer a new smaller version 42mm, but I got the bigger version 46mm.  Same size as the last Samsung watch, but it has maybe 1/3 more battery.  The smaller ones have a smaller battery.  That's why I went big

I didn't really notice it being too big, until I looked in the mirror and compared it to my regular watch.  

I have a silver band coming from Amazon, so hopefully that will make it look nicer.  I don't like the rubber bands.

I had not heard of quick release bands before.  That is so cool you can change your face and bands and have a "new watch"

Re battery life.  I have read and watched Youtube vids.   I suppose one is to set brightness at 40% and turn off the Always on display.  I have been OK with that.  I guess when you want to show it off "going out" you can set the brightness up and alway on.  It takes 30 seconds.

I've found Watchmaker and the community.  They seem to have tons of free faces.  It will take some time finding ones right for me.

I got my Stainless band today.  Love the ability to change out the bands easily and it came with a device to remove the 3 links I needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018S81TU0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  $20

Edited by BNB

I also agree on the taking it off every night.  I've done that a couple of nights.  I wanted to keep it on to see about my sleep, but I don't know what the end results really mean...

I took my light Tissot off every day when I got home.  Now I just need to take it off and put it on my charger.... Which is next to my Sofa place.  Same as my phone charger.  I may get another one for next to my bed, like my phone charger.

Edited by BNB